How to make vocals clearer, which frequencies to boost on Audacity?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keenly

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I am trying to adjust Septicflesh's Great Mass; fronts and center. The vocals are very buried in mix and I want to bring them out a bit more if possible. I initially tried boosting treble but that ended up making strings sound harsh.

I find most vocals to be at about 1000 hertz. Some a little higher, some a little lower. Most from 900 - 1100.

Hope this helps.

Please explain how? I am no expert, the only adjustments I can make in Audacity are bass and treble. Quick guide please?
from top row of menu buttons select "effect" and scroll down to "equalization".
i don't know what version of Audacity you uses. i got portable one v.2.0.3 to see what it is and to be honest it sux.
if you can get at least Adobe Audition any version, you'll be much better with it.

I am just pointing out that some vocals sound muddy in that frequency range. I use it to clean up sound in live venues, and have also used it at home. Depends on situation. Hope this helps some.

Google audacity software equalization. There are youtube videos that can guide you through it.

Back