Reminder: Bruce Soord solo 5.1 flac free with CD pre order only, just a few days left

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bruce for sharing your thoughts on this matter. I cannot believe anyone would get offended when you offer the 5.1 flac files after 2nd of December. Most, if not all, people who pre ordered will applaude this move as it would mean more people are able to listen to your music and surround mix, even when they find out about it later on.

Pete already pointed you to Neil Wilkes of Opus Productions. When he is too busy to help you out, your label mate and QQ member Giancarlo Erra might be able to give some help, as he authores his Nosound dvd-a/v's himself.

I totally appreciate (and am in awe of) the artist's responsiveness here! Happily ordering it now!

Hi Everyone

Thought I'd chip in here after an interesting read (as always!) through this thread. To cut a long story short...

- Yes I agree, limiting the 5.1 download to 2nd December was, in hindsight, the wrong call. In future I will make sure the 5.1 download comes with all orders from Burning Shed in perpetuity. Indeed this might still be possible (as long as people who pre-ordered don't get offended)
- Of course I'd prefer a physical 5.1 release. Sadly for my own album and for Tims it was a time issue (and frankly, an expense issue too). Because of licensing costs, blu-ray is out of reach at the moment (but maybe for the next The Pineapple Thief we can push for a blu-ray). So I am hoping we can do a dvd-a/v for all future releases (Kscope can't release a pure dvd-a for compatibility reasons). And who knows, I may be able to re-issue our TPT back catalogue with physical 5.1s too in the near future.
- I get a lot of requests to offer the FLAC downloads as an image file and allow listeners to burn to a dvd. But I am led to believe this has led to a huge overhead in technical queries in the past.

My honest opinion is that I want as many people to hear the 5.1 as possible (hence the regret of my daft decision to have a time limited release) so if anyone here can help people download and burn an image, that's fine with me.

Cheers!

Bruce

Thank You Bruce

Snood will be first at the door if you ever reissue your pineapple and solo stuff in 5.1 hard disc dvd or any form.......

Did not mean to be such a goofball, but we were having a discussion about this. Never did Snood think you would read it lol

But my first taste of Pineapple and your Solo stuff was last night and Snood was like Dammmmmmmmmn that's pretty koo - gimme that in 5.1 - well then come to find out none of it is in 5.1 and the only thing that happened to be was a limited 5.1 flac download file of your new solo disc which a lot of us can not truly use until we upgrade. For me that will be some time aways.........funds are tight.

If you do dwelve into the 5.1 for any future release or re -releases of older stuff, maybe do a limited run to see how it goes. Pretty sure a lot of people here will take the plunge. Snood just paid over 22 US dollars for Andy Jacksons new CD/DVD overseas.........He probably has more distribution options, but the point being there are rabid 5.1 fans that are willing to plunk down the cash for a quality hard disc 5.1 format. Your music seems to have that quality.........

My rant was never one of yay pirating, but more of if there are no options given and the fans want it.........we are gonna do what we must to have our favourite bands tunes. Most all of us would rather plunk down our hard earned dollars for the tangible 5.1 product - that is why we are audiophiles (we love everything about a 5.1 product, not just the tunes, but the packaging and feel and even the smell lol)

Thank You again and sorry if Snood hurt any feelings for anyone.

Hi Bruce,

As a pre-orderer I wouldn't object at all. The more people that get to hear good music in 5.1 the better. Like the album, I've only listened to the CD so far, producing a DVD-A or BD-A to listen to the 5.1 tomorrow.

Thanks.

Duncan

I'm really pleased with the reaction to the album so far. :) I found it to be a real grower, getting better and better with each listen and even though I must have heard it more than two or three dozen times by now I still find myself putting it on just for pleasure, which is pretty unusual for a play test album!

Even more pleased that the issues raised in the thread seem to have worked their way to a reasonable conclusion for the most part too. I was worried for a while! ;)

Enjoying the 5.1 mix right now, thankfully the incentive of the download was enough for me to get it otherwise it would have slipped past the radar.
Very nice album, would have loved a physical release of course but not to be.
Lastly thanks Bruce for popping by and helping to clarify the situation and understanding the future prospects

Hi Everyone

Thought I'd chip in here after an interesting read (as always!) through this thread...

Hi Bruce (hope you're still out there?),

Congratulations on a fine piece of work. I just had a listen to the 5.1 download, and it's very, very good. The melodies & instrumentation are engaging without clutter, the lyrics intriguing. Your voice is refreshingly clear and unaffected. The overall sound is nicely balanced and startlingly real at times. And for what it's worth, I can report that you've made a record that sounds nearly perfect at 4 AM! Hard to explain, but it just captures the mood.

Thanks for the great music, and for a beautiful surround mix as well! Thoroughly enjoyable.

-- Jim

Kscope released another full length promo for the album over the weekend in the shape of the track "Willow Tree":

[video]https://youtu.be/skbnthwAMWw[/video]

Enjoy!

Last edited:
So. I guess I'll be the first victim.

I just caught up on the qq forum, and found out in quick succession that Bruce's album had a 5.1 mix, that it was download only, that it was a temporary promotion, and that I'm too late to qualify. Now what?

I'll be really cross if there's really no way to get my hands on the surround mix. Thatll teach me for putting stuff on my Christmas list instead of buying them myself straight away...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I just caught up on the qq forum, and found out in quick succession that Bruce's album had a 5.1 mix, that it was download only, that it was a temporary promotion, and that I'm too late to qualify. Now what?

I'll be really cross if there's really no way to get my hands on the surround mix. Thatll teach me for putting stuff on my Christmas list instead of buying them myself straight away...

I have the same story, except it is for the Tim Bowness "Stupid Things That Mean The World" 5.1 mix - does anyone know whether that's ever likely to see the light of day for those of us who missed the pre-order?

Back