SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we get list here of SACD players that use the compatible MediaTek chips?

So far on the CA thread I see (prices added):
Mediatek chips MT8580
Oppo BDP-103 $500
Oppo BDP-103D
Oppo BDP-105 $1300
Cambridge Audio 752bd $1000
Cambridge Audio 752cxu $1300
Pioneer bdp-lx58 $800
Pioneer bdp-lx88 $2000

MT8560
Pioneer BDP-160 $300 (~$200 used)
Pioneer BDP-170 (appears to be a UK model?)
Pioneer BDP-180 (appears to be Asian model?)

people seem to be having problems getting the Pioneers BDP 180 to work though.

also must have
2) an ethernet connection
3) normal factory firmwares (meaning no mods)

So far on the CA thread I see (prices added):
Mediatek chips MT8580
Oppo BDP-103 $500
Oppo BDP-103D
Oppo BDP-105 $1300
Cambridge Audio 752bd $1000
Cambridge Audio 752cxu $1300
Pioneer bdp-lx58 $300
Pioneer bdp-lx88 $2000

MT8560
Pioneer BDP-160 $200
Pioneer BDP-170 (appears to be a UK model?)

people seem to be having problems getting the Pioneers BDP 160/70/180 to work though.

also must have
2) an ethernet connection
3) normal factory firmwares (meaning no mods)

The list price on the bdp-lx 58 seems to be a bit higher than $300. :(

This thread and info is AWESOME!! I may just warm up to SACDs after all. :)

Of course, first I have to try this with my Oppo.

When my Denon finally bites the dust I know which make of Universal Player to get now, an Oppo. Thanks for this thread!

people seem to be having problems getting the Pioneers BDP 180 to work though.

BDP-180 is a European model. And it's not working.:mad:

I'm confused. i thought the OPPO was to be connected via LAN to your router/modem so that the program could run via telenet.

I didn't even know it was (or is) possible to connect your OPPO to your LAN on your PC (laptop)

Can someone clarify as I have an OPPO 103 on the way (should be delivered Sunday) :)

No need to run Telnet. Use iso2dsd as a GUI. I have adapted Grill's instructions to suit:
1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the unzipped AutoScript folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

3) Copy the iso2dsd_PC_v7 (from Sonore iso2DSD) unzipped folder files to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped.

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should open. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

5) Insert an SACD and close the tray. Wait until the player recognizes the disc.

6) Run iso2dsd_gui.exe from the drive on your PC. Select Server Input from topleft. Select Raw ISO as the Output Mode. Enter the IP address of your player (from Step 1) in the IP Address Port window*. Click on Execute. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

7) When dsd2iso indicates Done, eject disc and repeat from Step 5 (or click Quit).

8) Remove USB stick and reboot to return to normal player use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The options for Channel Mode and Convert DST to DSD are irrelevant for ripping to ISO. I recommend clicking on Print to get a track listing in iso2dsd before ripping begins.​

I'm trying to use the ISO2DSD gui on windows 10 to see how well it works. I cannot for the life of me get it to accept the network address of the player: 192.168.1.6. The user interface refuses me to enter the 192 for some reason.

I'm trying to use the ISO2DSD gui on windows 10 to see how well it works. I cannot for the life of me get it to accept the network address of the player: 192.168.1.6. The user interface refuses me to enter the 192 for some reason.
Can you enter anything?

Maybe copy it from somewhere else, select whatever is there and paste?

No need to run Telnet. Use iso2dsd as a GUI. I have adapted Grill's instructions to suit:
1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the unzipped AutoScript folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

3) Copy the iso2dsd_PC_v7 (from Sonore iso2DSD) unzipped folder files to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped.

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should open. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

5) Insert an SACD and close the tray. Wait until the player recognizes the disc.

6) Run iso2dsd_gui.exe from the drive on your PC. Select Server Input from topleft. Select Raw ISO as the Output Mode. Enter the IP address of your player (from Step 1) in the IP Address Port window*. Click on Execute. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

7) When dsd2iso indicates Done, eject disc and repeat from Step 5 (or click Quit).

8) Remove USB stick and reboot to return to normal player use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The options for Channel Mode and Convert DST to DSD are irrelevant for ripping to ISO. I recommend clicking on Print to get a track listing in iso2dsd before ripping begins.​

This seems to make it more complicated. The original instructions from Grill never involved telnet anyway, and the sacd.cmd is taking care of your step 6 in one go, be sure to have modified the ip address in the cmd file first, as per Grill's instructions.

Personally, given the absurd prices for the hardware, I think I'll wait for 'public' rips of SACDs I own to appear. Though I already have 99.9% of them as files already. In fact the only one of several dozen I own that I dont' have as set of files, is the recent Billy Cobham quad SACD from Audio Fidelity.

Really what should happen is that the ridiculous and useless (except to record companies) SACD consumer format should go away.

Personally, given the absurd prices for the hardware, I think I'll wait for 'public' rips of SACDs I own to appear.

The beauty of OPPO's is in their re-sale value. Right now on amazon, amazon and oppo are both selling the 103 for msrp ($500).

The next lowest on amazon is used 103's for $475 and the next used is $669

In other words the $500 new today oppo 103 will sell for close to $500 used for many years to come.

A few years ago I sold a new oppo 93 with iso firmware for $1000 that I bought for $500

so some not only don't depreciate, but actually appreciate

99% of electronics don't do that

By getting an oppo 103 you'll bascially be renting it for a while for free and in the mean time you'll be able to back up all your sacd's and have an awesome blu-ray and DVD-A player to use

Other than tracing my wires (which if you saw my wires, you would know why I don't want to), how can I look at my network and tell which device name is actually which device? In other words, when I go to my Netgear site - I can see all the wired devices. 2 of them have a name that is easy to recognize (my laptop for example). There is a 2nd one, which is just a string of letters and numbers. I have no clue what it is. OK, well, it's either my Oppo or my Denon. Once I do figure it out, is there a way to give it a nickname so I easily recognize what the hell it is in the future?

Other than tracing my wires (which if you saw my wires, you would know why I don't want to), how can I look at my network and tell which device name is actually which device? In other words, when I go to my Netgear site - I can see all the wired devices. 2 of them have a name that is easy to recognize (my laptop for example). There is a 2nd one, which is just a string of letters and numbers. I have no clue what it is. OK, well, it's either my Oppo or my Denon. Once I do figure it out, is there a way to give it a nickname so I easily recognize what the hell it is in the future?

Maybe disconnect it and see which one disappears from your network? My know-how in this field is the same as yours I guess so I can't help you here :xp:

Gene, on your pc you are able to see the network as well? When you double click on PC/Computer icon you see on the left side Network. You probably see the Oppo mentioned there as multimedia player. Or something similar. If so, you can right click on the icon and select properties to see the IP address.

The Oppo Media Control app also displays the IP address of the Oppo.

my netgear router has a windows program that shows all connected devices and their ip's

if you click on each one you can rename it

maybe your router has a similar program?

Back