SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sacd_extract does not work on pioneer bd-180, firmware 1.04.
Player is setup correctly on the lan, i can ping it ok, no firewall or antivirus on the way.
Inserting the usb pendrive does not open the tray and trying to telnet says "connection refused".

FW hole closed? Or there's the need to abiliate the Autostart feature from somewhere?

but isn't the screen of the phone or the tablet virtually the same thing as an "attached" screen. I mean you still have to "look" at a screen, it's just that the screen is not a tv but is still as screen none the less. Just because the screen is now in your hands as opposed to the wall or your desk is not that great of an improvement IMO.

Wouldn't the true definition of "headless" be something more like an amazon echo which responds to speech commands, not visual input?

Huh? an OPPO remote is RF or IR (no wires). What's the difference between sitting on a couch and controlling a TV/OPPO wirelessly (using RF/IR) vs sitting on a couch and controlling a media player wirelessly (using wi-fi)?

one just uses wi-fi whereas the other uses RF/IR. Same difference

yes, wi-fi has better range. big deal. :)

Again. You are just being argumentative. You think an attached screen is the same as using a tablet? Obviously it isn't because of the freedom of not being tethered.

Your next post completely changes the subject of the post I responded to. I thaught you only use your Oppo 10% of the time so why are you dragging that into the discussion again? If your talking about the difference between using an Oppo remote vs using a tablet to control your media files, it is obvious. You don't have to turn on your TV screen that is tethered to the Oppo. You just pick up your tablet and you have access to your entire library rather than having to be in the same room with the TV on. Again, you are not living in this day and age. You seem to be stuck in the past arguing for old technologies. If you are happy with your setup, that is fine and dandy, but don't think others are not going to move forward. You seem to be trying to justify your setup even though it is a decade behind the times.

sacd_extract does not work on pioneer bd-180, firmware 1.04.
Player is setup correctly on the lan, i can ping it ok, no firewall or antivirus on the way.
Inserting the usb pendrive does not open the tray and trying to telnet says "connection refused".

FW hole closed?

That stinks because it is half the price of an Oppo 103. Are there any other players that have that same chipset that work?

If your talking about the difference between using an Oppo remote vs using a tablet to control your media files, it is obvious. You don't have to turn on your TV screen that is tethered to the Oppo. You just pick up your tablet and you have access to your entire library rather than having to be in the same room with the TV on.

If you're not in the same room as your music system than what good is it to be able to play back files on it if you won't be able to hear them because you won't be in the same room that the music is playing?

now that's argumentative. lol

Although I have PS3 Ripper, I'm certainly going to give this method a try.
Plus it will motivate me to run a cat-6 cable from my 105 to may laptop. :)
Thanks for the link Kal and to the always helpful ted_b

Himey, my advice would be to not engage with the guy any longer.
He's not interested in being "helped" or persuaded just reposting how his setup works perfect for him which is fine but a threadcrap is a threadcrap.
Maybe he's waiting for a mind reading Echo to play albums :)

If you're not in the same room as your music system than what good is it to be able to play back files on it if you won't be able to hear them because you won't be in the same room that the music is playing?

now that's argumentative. lol

Really it is more about the interface that is possible in the palm of your hand.

You have never listened to music in the kitchen while cranking great tunes?

He Himey and Salsdali, can you create your own topic please, it is getting annoying.

The thread is already created, he knows where it is, and he refused to go there after I asked him to early this morning. Sorry. I am done with him. He can figure it out for himself on the ripping 101 thread, again I apologize. I am a "Van" too, so please go easy on me:)

Plus it will motivate me to run a cat-6 cable from my 105 to may laptop

I'm confused. i thought the OPPO was to be connected via LAN to your router/modem so that the program could run via telenet.

I didn't even know it was (or is) possible to connect your OPPO to your LAN on your PC (laptop)

Can someone clarify as I have an OPPO 103 on the way (should be delivered Sunday) :)

I'm confused. i thought the OPPO was to be connected via LAN to your router/modem so that the program could run via telenet.

I didn't even know it was (or is) possible to connect your OPPO to your LAN on your PC (laptop)

Can someone clarify as I have an OPPO 103 on the way (should be delivered Sunday) :)
I have an Oppo 105 connected to a LAN switch therefore it is visible on the network. The extract command is loaded on my pc. USB drive inserted into the Oppo, load sacd, start cmd on pc and off you go.

I have used the method as described by our buddy Grill over at Computeraudiophile,

1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the AutoScipt folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

For a checking purpose, here are the MD5 hashes of the AutoScipt files for players with MT8580 chipset (eg. Oppo 10X):
85fcb3f87931eac271aefcfa58ab5c7d *AutoScript
14b531b622c92dfe159cf36cff954e5a *sacd_extract
85fcb3f87931eac271aefcfa58ab5c7d *AutoScript.TSS

3) Copy the sacd_extract folder to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped. With a text editor write the IP address of your player in the sacd.cmd file.

For a checking purpose, here are the MD5 hashes of the sacd_extract files:
2e0182f11817edd16c4a74ad61d2afea *sacd.cmd
db075a77f1b714ddc6c0b3cdb7bc0aee *sacd_extract.exe

(Please note that sacd.cmd is only a text file of the following command line: sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.106:2002 -P -I
Since the IP address may vary so does the MD5 hash of sacd.cmd.)

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should eject. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

5) Close the tray with an SACD. Wait until the player recognizes the disc. Run sacd.cmd on your PC. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

Hi all,

Just ripped my first SACD - Headhunters by Herbie Hancock with my Oppo 103. Worked like a dream.
I then extracted the Multichannel layer with Sonore iso2dsd, so as to have it play on the Oppo 103. The ISO plays well on Foobar2000 as well!!
Thank Kal for the heads-up, and thank you to all who toiled to get this hack up and running.
what type of output do you choose? I have ISO2DSD v7, and have a choice of Philips DSDIFF, DSDIFF Edit master, Sony DSF or Raw ISO.

Thanks for your reply.

edit, tried them all. edit master and raw iso produce one large file. DSDIFF and SF produce one file per track, with only a very small difference in file size (a few kB in size).

This ISO2DSD works very fast btw.

Hi Robert, personally I prefer Sony DSF. One file per track works well for me, plus DSF allows embedded medatada in the files, useful to see information like Track and Album titles, date of SACD author and more. You can also edit in more information. I use Foobar to edit information as I see fit. I store both ISOs and ripped 5.1 (or stereo if its a stereo only sacd) in an external Hdd which I attached to my OPPO 103. Will go the NAS route eventually soon.

Thanks Nightfly, I will give that a try. Probably have to convert the DSF files to FLAC. I use my Oppo 105 as pre amp with variable volume, and a quick look up told me that I cannot use variable volume in DSD mode. But I have to look into this a bit more to be sure what I am talking about ;)

Working with a NAS is recommended, I wouldnt want to go back to switching discs.

Hi Robert,

88.2Khz 24bit seems to be the recommended sampling rate for conversion from DSD to PCM. Most direct DSD playback seem to include a roll-off of 50Khz anyway.
Just got my network cables installed, now's it's a matter of coughing up cold hard cash for an NAS :(

A lot of music, albums are being released in blu-ray now and powerdvd is a very powerful player. I know it has the old school connotation of being a 1990's DVD player but it bitstreams DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD and is the only player I have that bitstreams .dts files (whereas foobar doesn't).

Yes it does, with the right plugin (WASAPI). .ac3 files too.

Both are possible, it all depends of how you want to set it up, done dts-cd bitstream to outside dts decoder with Foobar by almost 10 year, or you can decode dts from foobar and output 5.1 to the soundcard.
A flac wrapper, as he says, it is just a wave file as normal wave without any audio compression but allows to tagging, something that wave alone can't do.

Foobar can play DTS (or AC3) files in three formats digitally via , say, an HDMI connection

.dts --> AVR decode (bitstream, AVR displays 'DTS' )
dts in wav/flac wrapper (suffix will be .flac) --> AVR decode (bitstream, AVR displays 'DTS')
.dts --> foobar decode to PCM --> AVR (AVR displays 'PCM')

as you say, it all depends on how you configure the file, and what plugins are active in foobar. For the first two you have to *not* install the DTS decoder plugin, for example, and *do* have a plugin that lets you bypass the Windows mixer (e.g., WASAPI).

It's easy to tell if your DTS bitstream playback is bit perfect...if it isn't it will sound like white noise.

maybe it's just me, I can't get foobar to bitstream .dts files

they seem to be decoded to PCM in foobar and outputted as PCM to my receiver.

PowerDVD, on the other hand, will bitstream my .dts files to my receiver as dts (my receiver lights up DTS)

I have the dts plug-in for foobar, what else do I need or what am I doing wrong?

You need to uninstall that. That plugin is decoding the DTS file before it goes to your receiver.

Just found this thread. Currently ripping The Best of Bread SACD with an Oppo BDP-103. No more searching for a used restored old PS3.

Just found this thread. Currently ripping The Best of Bread SACD with an Oppo BDP-103. No more searching for a used restored old PS3.

Isn't this sweet!

From now on I'll be listening to home made playlists of Multichannel music. It can't get any better than this. :)

Back