• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sony BDP-S6500 Players - $15 Each - No accessories

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubertrout

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I've mentioned that these players are a wonderful accessory for any home stereo system. They play blu-ray and SACD, and their USB port can play FLAC and DSD, both stereo and surround. There's also built-in wireless (as well as a 10/100 Ethernet port), streaming support, and more. I haven't tried network playback but I believe others have done it.

Anyhow, I'm keeping one for myself (actually a 6700 for myself), but I got a few others as part of a lot and I'm looking to essentially give them away. $15 includes shipping and paypal fees. I've tested them all to play a blu-ray and start up properly. They all output audio/video fine on HDMI. One does't spin discs properly, but the USB port works fine (so it's basically a USB transport). These also have a coax s/pdif output, but they have NO analog outputs, so don't get one if you need that. They're strictly HDMI transports. Anyhow, here's a breakdown of the three I have.

1. Sony BDP-S6500. Discs work, USB works.
2. Sony BDP-BX650. Club Seller variant of the 6500. Discs work, USB works.
3. Sony BDP-S6500. Discs DO NOT work, USB works.

As I've said, I'm pretty much giving them away, the money is to cover shipping and fees. There is nothing included with them - no remote (which is pretty easy to work around) and no AC adapter/power brick (which you'll need to get on your own). They're wonderful players though, in that they can take any digital file more or less and put it over HDMI. They can even output DSD 5.1 from a file as DSD over HDMI, which is a pretty rare feature. PM me if you want one and specify which one.

Oh, I forgot this, adding now - US only. I believe lower 48 only too, although I can check the rates. If you really want one elsewhere I'll send it at cost, but it's probably not cost-effective.

Last edited:
Back