The Raiders in Matrix Quad this Sunday

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
yes - I'm playing all of the Indian Reservation SQ LP - but then I've taken the two Quad tapes that have escaped over the years and mixed them for QS - so its ~ 90 minutes in Quad - I've sandwiched that between two sets where I pay homage to Glen Campbell (I never got his one Q8 tape, so these are all in stereo).
So I guess only 1/2 of this post is on topic :-(
the show starts at 9 (AM or PM) - Sunday on RadioMaxMusic.com or on the TunIn app - we like to call it The Vinyl Resting Place (seem somewhat fitting this week)

glen-paul.jpg

Sounds like fun! :)

Back in the day, that song was slow to hit but eventually went to #1 (the first and only time in Billboard for the Raiders, I believe); alas, it was also their last big hit. My sister loved it, so a few years later when I got the Q8, I played it for her. She didn't mind the quad but felt the intro was too different, lacking the sudden 'jolt' of the stereo 45 (what seems to have happened is that what was mixed to blend together in stereo was expanded for quad, and I still agree with her: it really sounds a tad too different, though the rest of the song is, IMO, exceptional 4C).

ED :)

I thought it was a phase problem - and the signals just got canceled (like Switched on Back or the opening to You're Mama don't dance) - One day I'll play the Marin Rainwater original (that John D "lifted" it from) - much more powerful a message - though I prefer Mr Revere's take (and I agree with your sister on this one)

Sounds like fun! :)

Back in the day, that song was slow to hit but eventually went to #1 (the first and only time in Billboard for the Raiders, I believe); alas, it was also their last big hit. My sister loved it, so a few years later when I got the Q8, I played it for her. She didn't mind the quad but felt the intro was too different, lacking the sudden 'jolt' of the stereo 45 (what seems to have happened is that what was mixed to blend together in stereo was expanded for quad, and I still agree with her: it really sounds a tad too different, though the rest of the song is, IMO, exceptional 4C).

ED :)

Back