DVD/DTS Poll Fleetwood Mac - FLEETWOOD MAC [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Dolby DVD of FLEETWOOD MAC

• Total voters
My Fleetwood Mac boxset arrived today...16 days from the UK isn't bad...the condition of my package was a mirror image of other accounts on here...3 corners were crushed and a gaping hole on 1 corner BUT...the inner box was pristine...and the product was perfect...so amazon UK must have figured out the code(that reference is for Snood) and they know how the USPS automated machines damage the outer package...good job...seeing that cover reminds me of my vinyl copy "back in the day"...man that brings back some memories...nice to see the group and album name on the spine...easy to see on you shelf..

After taking off the shrink wrap and removing the discs..there were these little black "flecks"all over the front cover...I had to use my fingernails and a cloth to wipe them away...I have no idea where they came from..

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

Since this is a poll thread and will be viewed many times in the near and distant future, please do not turn this into an anti-Dolby Digital soap box zone.

Sure, you can comment that you hate the DD, are disappointed that it's only DD, and that it doesn't sound as good or it's harsh, but state your case and leave it at that. Any long winded back and forths that do not address the actual title and dwell on the chosen delivery system will be moved to the "other" thread, where there is plenty of that talk - and that's where it should stay.

Also, please do not vote or comment in this thread if you do not have this release. It's a poll, not "the other thread".

THANK YOU

I'm of the impression that this thread is only for people who actually purchased this release...not someone that has a rip of the album that someone gave them...because I have refrained from voting on other polls because I didn't have the actual disc that came with the release...merely a copy...I know the emphasis on this site is for authenticity so that is why I'm asking...btw..I have nothing against the rips..I love them:)..but if copies are allowed...I need to revisit some polls and cast some votes..

I'm of the impression that this thread is only for people who actually purchased this release...not someone that has a rip of the album that someone gave them...because I have refrained from voting on other polls because I didn't have the actual disc that came with the release...merely a copy...I know the emphasis on this site is for authenticity so that is why I'm asking...btw..I have nothing against the rips..I love them:)..but if copies are allowed...I need to revisit some polls and cast some votes..

Um, yeah. That's how it should be, unless you rip your own discs that you purchased, but then you'd still be commenting on the real thing.
We do not condone sharing, stealing, loaning or any other type of deal that undermines future surround releases. We are all old enough to buy our own copies.....

I have only voted on what I purchased. And, that's a lot. OK, well, there are many that I purchased that I didn't vote on because I knew going in that the content wasn't totally "up my alley" and didn't seem fair for me to sabotage something due to my disdain for a particular genre...

I think I already voted for this one...didn't I? If I didn't, it's a 8 or 9...most likely a 9. I need to scroll back up. lol

I have only voted on what I purchased. And, that's a lot. OK, well, there are many that I purchased that I didn't vote on because I knew going in that the content wasn't totally "up my alley" and didn't seem fair for me to sabotage something due to my disdain for a particular genre...

I think I already voted for this one...didn't I? If I didn't, it's a 8 or 9...most likely a 9. I need to scroll back up. lol

I voted a 9 - because something that sounds this good and makes me as happy as this does....deserves a 9. It's no Steven Wilson or ES good...but still. :)

I was the same way...a lot of those prog titles I purchased and didn't like the content..I didn't vote...I didn't think it was right to low ball a title because of my personal preference or bias...I just don't want these polls to become another amazon...half of the people on those reviews don't even have the right format and some never even purchased the titles...you see very few "verified" buyers next to their name...I'm going to face the same problem with my purchase of Roxy Music...if I hate it...I won't vote...if it's "not bad" and I think I can avoid extreme bias...then I will vote....when you have pre conceived ideas about the genre...the audio mode..the price...how can you be fair in the polls..I'm proud of these polls and I have a tendency to protect them...they are responsible for me being a member here...they were and are such a great resource...not many like this around...and I'd like to preserve them for others to discover...just like I did..

Last edited:
I still haven't figured out the purpose of the "sticker photo" on the back of these box sets...in the case of this release...the picture of the band and song list..it's not really placed "securely" and there is a picture under it...so why do they partially glue it to the back and it kind of flops around....here is the picture of it on the back

IMG_2988.jpg

I still haven't figured out the purpose of the "sticker photo" on the back of these box sets...in the case of this release...the picture of the band and song list..it's not really placed "securely" and there is a picture under it...so why do they partially glue it to the back and it kind of flops around....here is the picture of it on the back

View attachment 32083

Probably a misprint underneath or a lack of critical info. Sometimes they forget to put contractually obligated info on the box and they get hastily repasted. Just like the Beatles Butccher cover LP.

I was the same way...a lot of those prog titles I purchased and didn't like the content..I didn't vote...I didn't think it was right to low ball a title because of my personal preference or bias...I just don't want these polls to become another amazon...half of the people on those reviews don't even have the right format and some never even purchased the titles...you see very few "verified" buyers next to their name...I'm going to face the same problem with my purchase of Roxy Music...if I hate it...I won't vote...if it's "not bad" and I think I can avoid extreme bias...then I will vote....when you have pre conceived ideas about the genre...the audio mode..the price...how can you be fair in the polls..I'm proud of these polls and I have a tendency to protect them...they are responsible for me being a member here...they were and are such a great resource...not many like this around...and I'd like to preserve then for others to discover...just like I did..

I feel the same and haven't voted on a few polls because of it. One that everyone has swooned over is the Quadio set, I only owned the Transit Authority LP back in the day and not a fan of much after(pop, top 40). But its a great quad set and I appreciate Rhino for giving me the option of buying it. I'd vote 10 on the mix but the content (horns or jazz) not my bag.:zzzzz

Probably a misprint underneath or a lack of critical info. Sometimes they forget to put contractually obligated info on the box and they get hastily repasted. Just like the Beatles Butccher cover LP.

That could be right...but it's happened before..it's kind of awkward..do I just take it off...it's like a bandage that is falling off..it's half on and half off..If I remove it I will have some "glue" spots:(

I was the same way...a lot of those prog titles I purchased and didn't like the content..I didn't vote...I didn't think it was right to low ball a title because of my personal preference or bias...I just don't want these polls to become another amazon...half of the people on those reviews don't even have the right format and some never even purchased the titles...you see very few "verified" buyers next to their name...I'm going to face the same problem with my purchase of Roxy Music...if I hate it...I won't vote...if it's "not bad" and I think I can avoid extreme bias...then I will vote....when you have pre conceived ideas about the genre...the audio mode..the price...how can you be fair in the polls..I'm proud of these polls and I have a tendency to protect them...they are responsible for me being a member here...they were and are such a great resource...not many like this around...and I'd like to preserve then for others to discover...just like I did..

Reviews and polls, IMO, are two different animals. A number on a poll doesn't tell half the story whereas a review goes into some detail about perhaps the origin of the recording, SQ and in the case of a surround disc, whether the remix captured the 'essence' of the original mix and/or resorted to 'gimmickry.'

A perfect 10 is rare for me unless it's a bona fide classic and even that term classic can mean different things to different people.

Even professional reviewers have their likes and dislikes and what appeals to some may be anathema to others.

Lowballing an album because it just doesn't appeal to you is OK, too. And that should be included in a poll....but without an explanation, again, it's only telling half the story.

I usually research albums and listen to them on you tube before purchasing and that should really be a better indicator of whether one will like the album or not rather than a poll number.

Common Sense 'Rule of thumb': If you really don't like an album to begin with, even a well done surround mix usually won't sway your negative opinion....at least in MY experience.

Is there a bar code underneath? it could be that simple.

Snood - I hear what you're hearing. I think the main difference is in the stereo mix the harmony guitars are placed near each other so they sound like one. In the 5.1 mix, they are FR and RL, opposites. Agreed the wooshy/gong thing is too loud. At the end of the song I personally would've put the lead guitar in the center channel rather than extreme front right. However, I think everything else is far superior in 5.1 The toms in the intro are magnificent! I really like the 5.1 mix, but I agree it is less cohesive than the stereo mix. In general, I think Lindsey's vocals on this song are not among his best. Fantastic guitar work.
Clint - my impression is that it is more for visibility in a store so that potential consumers can see the number of songs, etc. Similar to a sticker on the front polywrap.

Snood - I hear what you're hearing. I think the main difference is in the stereo mix the harmony guitars are placed near each other so they sound like one. In the 5.1 mix, they are FR and RL, opposites. Agreed the wooshy/gong thing is too loud. At the end of the song I personally would've put the lead guitar in the center channel rather than extreme front right. However, I think everything else is far superior in 5.1 The toms in the intro are magnificent! I really like the 5.1 mix, but I agree it is less cohesive than the stereo mix. In general, I think Lindsey's vocals on this song are not among his best. Fantastic guitar work.
Clint - my impression is that it is more for visibility in a store so that potential consumers can see the number of songs, etc. Similar to a sticker on the front polywrap.

Interesting observation...I never considered that because there aren't any "music shops" here that I could walk in and buy this title..

I still haven't figured out the purpose of the "sticker photo" on the back of these box sets...in the case of this release...the picture of the band and song list..it's not really placed "securely" and there is a picture under it...so why do they partially glue it to the back and it kind of flops around....
Probably a misprint underneath or a lack of critical info. Sometimes they forget to put contractually obligated info on the box and they get hastily repasted.
Back in ye olden days, when people bought records in physical buildings called stores, records that had no tracklist on the exterior packaging sometimes had tracklists stuck on so that potential buyers could peruse them before buying.
Is there a bar code underneath? it could be that simple.
I think you're on the right tack.
Precisely.

Aha, well I have been wondering all along about what to do with these "Content" sheets on the back of the Mac releases....what is everyone else doing? I'm tempted to shave an inch each way and stick them in the box. Or is there a poly cover size that these boxsets neatly fit into? :confused:

Aha, well I have been wondering all along about what to do with these "Content" sheets on the back of the Mac releases....what is everyone else doing? I'm tempted to shave an inch each way and stick them in the box. Or is there a poly cover size that these boxsets neatly fit into? :confused:

I generally keep all stickers, slip covers, content sheets, etc. for a release. I take scissors or a razor blade and cut away as much cellophane as I can and tuck the items in to the book or whatever. I used to keep receipts when I bought discs at brick n' mortar stores.

Hey, I like your idea....and then I could go one step further. I have access to a laminator......hmmm...

Oops - didn't realize I was posting in the poll thread. Sorry..... delete as needed. :violin

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I generally keep all stickers, slip covers, content sheets, etc. for a release. I take scissors or a razor blade and cut away as much cellophane as I can and tuck the items in to the book or whatever. I used to keep receipts when I bought discs at brick n' mortar stores.

Back