Bjork "Volta" UK DVD-A May 7th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natiahs

Several retailers, including Siren Disc, have listed a 2-disk special edition of Bjork's new album "Volta." The package includes a CD and a DVDA featuring a 5.1 mix of the album. No word on whether this is a legit hi-res DVDA or just DD. The description isn't terribly helpful:

"Limited edition format features special packaging and a bonus DVD Audio disk featuring 5.1 surround sound mixes."

$30 for the adventurous.

N

PS: Barnes & Noble has a US CD/DVD set listed for 5/22. Perhaps it is the same thing?

Last edited:
As my son's classmates would say,
"I am soooooooo there!!!!!!"
Thank heavens he doesn't talk like that.

Just checked One Little Indian - it's not listed there yet. She is touring, too - three NYC shows - Radio City Music Hall, the United Palace (don't know what.where that is ) and.....The fabulous Apollo Theatre in Harlem!

Odd choice, that, but the sight lines and the acoustics are out of this world. Saw Prince's first performance there, when the symbol album (Prince and the NPG) came out. Very nearly a life-changing experience - he was walking on air that night.
But I digress...

I'm IN. Pre-Ordered at Play.com
A bonus DVD Audio disc means MLP at 24/48, or more likely given Bjork's Track Record, 24/96.
Yum.

The CD+DVD-A special edition has now been added to the One Little Indian website. $30 after shipping to the US.

N

Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news but the UK limited edition only has Dolby and DTS 5.1 versions on the DVD (at least that's all that shows on the disc menu and my player should have defaulted to the DVD-A version if there was one).

I've only played a couple of tracks but it sounds like quite a decent surround mix.

The packaging is a real pain - the front opens out from the centre like a pair of doors and needs to be stuck down with the picture sticker to re-seal the package.

(y) for including surround mixes - (n) for not using hi-res

This is really irritating.
I have offered to do the DVD-A/V authoring for One Little Indian, and was told "We don't need the service as our Mastering Company has said they can do this all inclusive".
That will doubtless be Metropolis Mastering, who made such a pigs ear of the Surrounded Boxed set. I will wait until my copy arrives, and get straight back in touch with them again.

Not DTS 96/24 either? Is it at least full-rate?

But hey, there's no real point in them taking the extra effort to do DVD-Audio if people are going to buy it anyway with just DTS. I think I'll pass though.

My copy is being returned.
I am starting to get seriously annoyed with these fob-off releases.
Can you imagine the outrage if the stereo versions were only released as MP3?

On the upside, the SE packaging is very nice. I really like the nested sleeves. The surround mix is nice as well and sounds much better than the original CD - just not as good as it should sound.

N

Back