Sq encoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadtrade

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
If anyone does not tread thru ebay on a regular basis but stops here, I listed a real rare item i have owned for 20 years. It is a SONY SQE-2000 ENCODER. One of the more facinating facts is one i learned from Jim Fosgate in 2001 while he was getting Pro Logic 2 ready. He gave me a formula for encoding to Prologic 2 , if that is interesting. It also has a switch to orient your encoding for different matrix codes. It lists these as
  • interior to move sound around the listener or place it overhead
  • forward oriented to obtain sharp definition of center front and hall ambience in the rear.
  • back oriented to obtain sharp definition of the centerback making the back channels audibly spread.
This gives way to the idea that this was available to labels and perhaps artists on occasion. Perhaps this is why we find some vastly different sounding recordings, some tame with ambience, some not. Anyway, if you want to play with one of these it is listed # 390001107353.I also put up the matching decoder and a Millennium 2-4-6.

Last edited:
Shows you how much I am paying attention! :D :eek:

Thanks, Dylan..... :phones

Add me to thae list of clickers !
Tad,
do you have the formula for encoding to hand , it wouod be interesting to have a look at it

Add me to thae list of clickers !
Tad,
do you have the formula for encoding to hand , it wouod be interesting to have a look at it

That is something i should copy and post. It is on the to do list!

Back