Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From a 3-D standpoint Hisense mentions "polarized" 3-D. I'm guessing that's an error and instead will use standard DLP 3-D shutterglasses. Reason being is a projector doing polarized 3-D would require a special silver screen specifically designed for use with polarized 3-D. And that special screen could cost as much as the projector.

From Universal Pictures and co~writer, Director Bryce McGuire NIGHT SWIM [1080p/DTS~HD MA 7.1]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Night-Swim-Blu-ray/351583/#Review

30797_2_large.jpg

Ring~A~Ding~DING: From the rumor mill: Martin Scorsese is awaiting script approval from Tina Sinatra to film a biop of her dad, Frank with Leonardo DiCaprio slated to play the icon and Jennifer Lawrence to star as his second wife Ava Gardner.

I, for one, CANNOT WAIT!

But please, Tina, not too much censorship. Frank wasn't exactly a Choir Boy!
Wonder if Leo will do his own singing.

Well that was horrible. But obviously horrible is what was called for in the context of that film. Knowing Dicaprio's abilities and dedication to his craft, I bet he will pour 10 months of practice into sounding just like ol' blue eyes.
Doubtful anyone could ever sound like Ol' Blue Eyes .... except maybe his son, Frank Jr. but sadly, he's deceased and never had daddy's charisma!

A bit of exciting UHD news this morning. Boy and The Heron's Japanese UHD went up for pre-order last night... no English dubs or subs, but this morning the US one just was announced for preorder via GKids (and Shout Media distribution).

Both Japanese and English versions will include Dolby Vision and Atmos (and the US disc will include both sub and dub Atmos tracks)
https://gkids.com/films/the-boy-and-the-heron/home-video/
This is the first ever Studio Ghibli 4K release!

And a personal fav of mine growing up, Weird Al's UHF is finally hitting UHD!
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/UHF-4K-Blu-ray/360409/
New 4K transfer from Original Camera Negative, in Dolby Vision HDR, but sadly just the original stereo, no new audio tracks on this one. Will look nice next to my Shout Media version of Weird: The Al Yankovich Story, the recent film of his (which despite what the specs say on the back and Amazon... *does* have an Atmos track. They misprinted 7.1 on the back)

I have UHF pre-ordered and I'm waiting on the Amazon listing for Boy and the Heron to go up before I order that

Coming June 24th from Warner Brothers and director Albert Magnoli PURPLE RAIN in Native UHD4K [further specs TBA]

Special features on the UHD4K disc will include

4K:

• Commentary by Albert Magnoli, Robert Cavallo and Donald E. Thorin
  • Featurette: First Avenue: The Road to Pop Royalty
  • Music Videos: Let's Go Crazy, Take Me with U, When Doves Cry, I Would Die 4 U / Baby I'm a Star,
  • Purple Rain, Jungle Love, The Bird, Sex Shooter

71RrHeMVkEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

From Imprint/Via Vision Pictures and director Franklin J. Schaffner ISLANDS IN THE STREAM [1080p/DTS~HD MA 2.0 Dolby Surround]

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/islands-in-the-stream-imprint-2024-bd

HE DESERTED THE FAMILY HE LOVED. THEN RISKED HIS LIFE FOR TOTAL STRANGERS. WHY? Worldwide first on Blu-ray! War. Freedom. Loyalty. Love. Manhood. Ernest Hemingway's most powerful themes are gloriously captured in the motion picture epic Islands In The Stream. George C. Scott and director Franklin J. Shaffner, who teamed so memorably in Patton, reunite in this compelling version of 'Papa' Hemingway's posthumous novel. Scott plays Thomas Hudson, a sculptor whose self-imposed isolation in the Bahamas is ended by two forces: the visit of his sons, and the outbreak of World War II.The film is touching in it's details of a father's love, and heroic in it's defiance of tyranny. The rich sweep of a literary legend washes over Islands In The Stream.1500 copies only. Special Features & Technical Specs:1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Samm Deighan NEW Survival Scars: Franklin J. Schaffner as Auteur - Video Essay by Daniel Kremer Trailer Audio LPCM 2.0 Aspect Ratio 2.35:1 Optional English Subtitles Limited Edition slipcase with unique artwork

71YCh-bP8ZL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Back