Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From CRITERION and director Michael Powell PEEPING TOM [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/LPCM 2.0 MONO]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Peeping-Tom-4K-Blu-ray/347876/#Review

30719_7_large.jpg

I watched the Bob Marley biop ONE LOVE last night which is currently streaming on MGM+ in DD 5.1 and was mightily disappointed. It was akin to watching half a movie, IMO. It focused on only 2 years of his life leaving out vital info about his past .... how he was fathered by a caucasian British naval officer and how his mom, ashamed of his being a 'half breed' forced him to sleep under the house when she remarried. All this was glossed over. I did think Kingsley Ben~Adir who played Marley did a spectacular job of embodying the essence of Marley and the rest of the cast was excellent but I agree with the critics that BOB MARLEY ONE LOVE should've been much better.

Bob Marley: One Love (2024)

Last edited:
I watched the Bob Marley biop ONE LOVE last night which is currently streaming on MGM+ in DD 5.1 and was mightily disappointed. It was akin to watching half a movie, IMO. It focused on only 2 years of his life leaving out vital info about his past .... how he was fathered by a caucasian British naval officer and how his mom, ashamed of his being a 'half breed' forced him to sleep under the house when she remarried. All this was glossed over. I did think Kingsley Ben~Adir who played Marley did a spectacular job of embodying the essence of Marley and the rest of the cast was excellent but I agree with the critics that BOB MARLEY ONE LOVE should've been much better.

The trailer made it look pretty bad. I guess that was truth in advertising!

This guy doesn’t remotely make me think of Bob Marley!

This guy doesn’t remotely make me think of Bob Marley!
Due to a very poor script and bad direction, I did think watching the entire flick that actor Kingsley Ben~Adir did a pretty remarkable job. And he actually is better looking than Marley ever was which might throw a lot of viewers off! Ben~Adir also portrayed Malcolm X in ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI ......IMO, he's a very solid actor.

Finally got around to watching the 1987 Cult Classic THE MONSTER SQUAD from Kino Lorber in Native UHD4K which was scanned from the original camera negative and pressed on a triple layer BD 100 disc and in DTS~HD MA 5.1.

Truthfully, I had never seen it before and from the included extremely informative full length documentary WOLFMAN'S GOT NARDS which is included on a second Blu~Ray disc I learned that it was released two weeks after LOST BOYS and tanked at the box office.

Over the years it has amassed a sizeable cult audience mainly due to VHS rentals and exposure on the then nascent HBO streaming service and now it's available from Kino Lorber in an exquiste Native UHD4K remaster.

While I do believe LOST BOYS is the better film, The Monster Squad has its charms and the Monster garb courtesy of uber make up magician Stan Winston is simply amazing!

One 4K disc and 2 blu rays are included and for KL's special sale price of $17.99, IMO, a NO BRAINER

https://kinolorber.com/product/the-monster-squad-4kuhd

The Monster Squad (4KUHD)

Last edited:
For Sale:

Maurice - Sealed Japanese 4K restored Special Edition 2-discs & 4K Blu-Ray disc.​

$50 + $10 FedEx Shipping $60 total. Photobook, 3 postcards, antiqued book slipcase, Japanese obi strip. BUYER beware: 4K player and 4K-TV required for Hi-Res viewing but 4K Blu-ray plays on Blu-ray player and standard TV. All text within booklets and on screen menu navigation is Japanese but plays in 5.1 English. PayPal payment.

Untitled-1.jpg

Wow, number one best-seller in movies, 700 pre-orders already with lowest price guarantee.

I became acquainted with Tarnovsky from my Criterion Channel subscription, but never saw this one.
His original version of Stanislaw Lem's sci-fi story Solaris from 1971, which was re-made in English starring George Clooney, is a trip.

View attachment 102261
I haven't seen this one yet, but at that price I didn't have to think about it very long.

I'd forgotten I ordered this until I got release day out for delivery notice this morning.

Back