5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just in:

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/first-rays-of-the-new-rising-sun-150g-vinyl-coming-may-10/

View attachment 103973

DOLBY ATMOS IMMERSIVE AUDIO RELEASE
First Rays Of The New Rising Sun Streaming in Dolby Atmos on May 10

Starting May 10, 2024, First Rays Of The New Rising Sun will be available in a newly remixed—Dolby Atmos—immersive audio experience streaming from Apple Music, Tidal and Amazon Music Unlimited.

Remixed from the original master tapes by Eddie Kramer and Chandler Harrod; this new spatial audio addition to the Jimi Hendrix music catalog that extends the Dolby Atmos audio offerings to three albums including: First Rays Of The New Rising Sun plus Electric Ladyland and Los Angeles Forum: April 26, 1969
Very cool. I would also expect Janie Hendrix to want to make a few bucks selling a Dolby Atmos Blu Ray, but who knows.

Very cool. I would also expect Janie Hendrix to want to make a few bucks selling a Dolby Atmos Blu Ray, but who knows.
We live in hope.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NF5SN78

1711726294748.png

This just in:

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/first-rays-of-the-new-rising-sun-150g-vinyl-coming-may-10/

View attachment 103973

DOLBY ATMOS IMMERSIVE AUDIO RELEASE
First Rays Of The New Rising Sun Streaming in Dolby Atmos on May 10

Starting May 10, 2024, First Rays Of The New Rising Sun will be available in a newly remixed—Dolby Atmos—immersive audio experience streaming from Apple Music, Tidal and Amazon Music Unlimited.

Remixed from the original master tapes by Eddie Kramer and Chandler Harrod; this new spatial audio addition to the Jimi Hendrix music catalog that extends the Dolby Atmos audio offerings to three albums including: First Rays Of The New Rising Sun plus Electric Ladyland and Los Angeles Forum: April 26, 1969
Interesting that the album is already streaming, though it appears that the Atmos stream will replace it in May?

Interesting that the album is already streaming, though it appears that the Atmos stream will replace it in May?
I've lost all hope of the Electric Lady Studios box set ever getting released after hearing that First Rays of The New Rising Sun is getting a new vinyl relase.

I've lost all hope of the Electric Lady Studios box set ever getting released after hearing that First Rays of The New Rising Sun is getting a new vinyl relase.
I'm not sure one has anything to do with the other.
Rather, they are touting the new Grundman remaster to capture the vinyl trade that's emerged 27 years after the first release.

"Newly mastered by Bernie Grundman using an all-analog production process sourced from the original 1/4” master tapes; this all-new First Rays Of The New Rising Sun album will debut on May 10 as a 2LP set pressed on 150-gram audiophile-grade black vinyl at the world-class QRP facilities...

...Originally released in 1997, the vinyl format has been out of print for many years and this special release marks the very first time the music has been available in this format."
Ah yes. The 27 club.

It's 27 years since this was first released on CD and vinyl, so there's another anniversary.

What random collection of tracks from Rainbow Bridge, War Heroes, and Cry Of Love will "First Rays of the New Rising Sun" be this time around?
Or is the last one now considered cannon? Will we ever get digital releases of these 3 that have the full sound of the original vinyl releases?

I mean, those 3 are posthumous and cobbled to begin with. But the originals had a fidelity not heard since in any reissue and these are all major tracks for him.

Back