Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A stand alone BRD along with a fatter bank account looks even more beautiful to me. I am very glad the stand alone decision was made, else I would have been passing on this release.

Agreed.

Standalones ? Thanks Tad for steering Alan in the correct (budget minded ) direction . (y) and thanks Alan for listening . :D

I fell for the whole kit and kaboodle.....

A standalone BD IS more sensible, but I got this LP when it came out and it holds a special place in my psyche....

I really wanted to hold out for the stand alone blu-ray just to send a message... but I just couldn't do it. This set is too beautiful, and Alan did my favorite surround mix of all time, and I love this album. So thank you, Amazon U.K.! Can't wait to get this one!!!

I really wanted to hold out for the stand alone blu-ray just to send a message... but I just couldn't do it. This set is too beautiful, and Alan did my favorite surround mix of all time, and I love this album. So thank you, Amazon U.K.! Can't wait to get this one!!!

I hear you - I'm in the same boat. I keep looking at the box set that is quietly sitting in my cart on Amazon UK. It haunts me... :yikes

I'm trying not to buy the box set, I really want the 5.1 mix, I gave the CD a listen on Tuesday and I'd forgotten how nice it is, and its a will I won't I buy the boxset or will I wait for a stand-alone BDA, I just can't make my mind up! :confused: If it was I Robot or Turn Of A Friendly Card, there would be no hesitation.

I am hesitating because of price, but I'm also hesitating because it includes vinyl that I'll never play and extra tracks that I'll probably only listen to, once. Though, it's a gorgeous looking set, and I bet, better in-person viewing. So, in a nutshell, I'm talking myself out of the deluxe set really fast. I have all the releases of "Eye In The Sky" that have ever been released including the Classic Records DVD-A/V.

I am hesitating because of price, but I'm also hesitating because it includes vinyl that I'll never play and extra tracks that I'll probably only listen to, once. Though, it's a gorgeous looking set, and I bet, better in-person viewing. So, in a nutshell, I'm talking myself out of the deluxe set really fast. I have all the releases of "Eye In The Sky" that have ever been released including the Classic Records DVD-A/V.

I've never understood why these bloated box sets are put out this way. Like you said, half the music included is alternate takes and demo tracks that most people (myself included) couldn't be less interested in, and who wants all 3 formats? Let the vinyl junkies have their LPs, let the 2-channel guys have their CDs, and let the quad freaks have their blu-ray. Stop the nonsense! If one wants all 3, they can buy them all separately.

I've never understood why these bloated box sets are put out this way. Like you said, half the music included is alternate takes and demo tracks that most people (myself included) couldn't be less interested in, and who wants all 3 formats? Let the vinyl junkies have their LPs, let the 2-channel guys have their CDs, and let the quad freaks have their blu-ray. Stop the nonsense! If one wants all 3, they can buy them all separately.

They're put out that way to maximize the return on investment in creating the reissue.
The multiple formats broaden the number of people who are potential customers of the box set.

Releasing the box set before the single disc reissue will increase sales of the higher priced box set for fans who "can't wait".
And may eliminate the need for a single disc release altogether.

Makes a lot of sense from the recording artist and record label's point of view and interests.

Amazon UK dropped a couple dollars. Now I could get it for $93.88 shipped. :)

I couldn't stand it anymore. Ordered from Amazon UK. I like the fact that they include the vinyl with this set. I especially like that they are issued on 2 - 45 rpm albums.

For the price that we paid for the Sgt. Peppers box set, I think vinyl should have been included with that set as well.

I couldn't stand it anymore. Ordered from Amazon UK. I like the fact that they include the vinyl with this set. I especially like that they are issued on 2 - 45 rpm albums.

For the price that we paid for the Sgt. Peppers box set, I think vinyl should have been included with that set as well.

Ahhhh! I didn't know they were 45rpm's. That is the nail in the coffin. I'm going for it...

They're put out that way to maximize the return on investment in creating the reissue.
The multiple formats broaden the number of people who are potential customers of the box set.

Releasing the box set before the single disc reissue will increase sales of the higher priced box set for fans who "can't wait".

Makes a lot of sense from the recording artist and record label's point of view and interests.

I understand what you're saying but the majority of the consumers purchasing this box won't be playing the vinyl which is a waste of our planet's resources. I suppose someone could sell the LP's but that isn't the point that some of us are trying to make. Why even bother to release a separate Blu-ray Disc from the set? This is just plain nonsense! And, I'm don't know why they are releasing the separate BD at a later date when Tales of Mystery and Imagination, it was released concurrently. I'd love to purchase a record player but I have absolutely no place to put one. Well, not really. Vinyl is so yesterday.

Just look at how many people on this thread are refusing to buy it and pledging to wait for the stand alone blu-ray. Others are only relenting, with clenched teeth, because they don't have the patience to wait a few extra weeks. I think the labels and artists are wrong on this. Remember the Tales of Mystery situation, where we begged AP to convince the bigwigs to put out a standalone blu-ray, which was not their original intention? Selling everything a la carte would generate far higher sales, I'll wager. The majority of fans do not want bloated box sets for ridiculous money.

Uh, not so fast! I haven't refused to purchase this set yet. Unless, I can't find a decent price. :yikes

You're one guy. Look at the other comments. And, you already complained about it just as I have. If you had a choice of a standalone blu-ray at $29 or this kitchen-sink thing at $93+, which are you more likely to buy? And, by the time you find the box set at a "decent" price, the blu-ray may already be flying off the shelves.

You're one guy. Look at the other comments. And, you already complained about it just as I have. If you had a choice of a standalone blu-ray at $29 or this kitchen-sink thing at $93+, which are you more likely to buy? And, by the time you find the box set at a "decent" price, the blu-ray may already be flying off the shelves.

I'm just saying, I may be forced to buy it. Especially, for the gold-foil Eye of Horus...LOL

Back