Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, that's interesting. I wonder why the major (I forget which one bought Arista) wouldn't just do that release themselves.

Sony owns Arista.
I guess they weren’t that interested in putting out the single Blu-Ray themselves. I doubt it will be a big seller, so they probably felt it was more financially beneficial to license out the release to a smaller label and make their money that way.
Plus, unlike Universal & Warner Music, Sony have barely released any Blu-Ray audio discs themselves.
Only ones I know of are “Eye in the Sky” (in the box set) and “Amused to Death” (Roger Waters)

Sony owns Arista.
I guess they weren’t that interested in putting out the single Blu-Ray themselves. I doubt it will be a big seller, so they probably felt it was more financially beneficial to license out the release to a smaller label and make their money that way.
Plus, unlike Universal & Warner Music, Sony have barely released any Blu-Ray audio discs themselves.
Only ones I know of are “Eye in the Sky” (in the box set) and “Amused to Death” (Roger Waters)

perhaps Real Gone Music might be interested in licencing albums for standalone Blu-ray release of other 5.1's trapped in pricey boxes?

though the following examples are Universal releases, since UMe's HFPA 'programme' (ha!) seems to be dead in the water now, i'm thinking along the lines of; (past = Scheiners' surround mix of Derek & The Dominos "Layla") and (present = Scheiners' surround mix of Guns 'n Roses "Appetite For Destruction") wouldn't they make juicy standalones?

...and/or, while we're dreaming, how about some standalone Blu-ray reissues of out of print 5.1's, even (e.g. Toto "IV", Steely Dan's "Gaucho", etc..).. just a thought :)

perhaps Real Gone Music might be interested in licencing albums for standalone Blu-ray release of other 5.1's trapped in pricey boxes?

though the following examples are Universal releases, since UMe's HFPA 'programme' (ha!) seems to be dead in the water now, i'm thinking along the lines of; (past = Scheiners' surround mix of Derek & The Dominos "Layla") and (present = Scheiners' surround mix of Guns 'n Roses "Appetite For Destruction") wouldn't they make juicy standalones?

...and/or, while we're dreaming, how about some standalone Blu-ray reissues of out of print 5.1's, even (e.g. Toto "IV", Steely Dan's "Gaucho", etc..).. just a thought :)

I'd love that to happen but I'm not sure Real Gone Music is ready to go down the surround path just yet....the deal with Parsons was one that all the work was done....they got handed a finished product...they just released it for Parsons...I do like the fact that they are releasing a Johnny Mathis series on CD...they seem open to projects....and if the right group approaches them...who knows..

I'd love that to happen but I'm not sure Real Gone Music is ready to go down the surround path just yet....the deal with Parsons was one that all the work was done....they got handed a finished product...they just released it for Parsons...I do like the fact that they are releasing a Johnny Mathis series on CD...they seem open to projects....and if the right group approaches them...who knows..

you're right.. oh well.. its fun to play "let's pretend"..! :ROFLMAO:

Sony owns Arista.

Good. So let's see Sony/Arista or whomever continue to make money via this strategy so that we can at least get these releases as single Bluray Audio discs.

When it specifically comes to Fleetwood Mac, the greatest chance we have of getting those albums on Blu-Ray is if Warner Music/Rhino (Fleetwood Mac's label) reissued the albums on that format themselves.
I definitely can envision a 4-disc Blu-Ray box set with high-res surround and stereo mixes of "Fleetwood Mac", "Rumours", "Tusk" and "Mirage" released in a similar style to the Chicago and (upcoming) Doobie Brothers box sets.

:)

That's a great idea. 👍
Still a premium product but more suited to many of us

I too went for the complete package. Just couldn't wait. I'm going to buy this single disc release as well.
That may be crazy, but it will give me an archival back-up as well as supporting those who feed us what we want and need. :smokin

I went for the full boxed set also, and just like you, plan to give a show of support for this stand-alone release by buying it also. Besides, at such an incredible price it's hard to loose.

I definitely can envision a 4-disc Blu-Ray box set with high-res surround and stereo mixes of "Fleetwood Mac", "Rumours", "Tusk" and "Mirage" released in a similar style to the Chicago and (upcoming) Doobie Brothers box sets.

That would be an instant buy from me. That’s an EXCELLENT idea.

When it specifically comes to Fleetwood Mac, the greatest chance we have of getting those albums on Blu-Ray is if Warner Music/Rhino (Fleetwood Mac's label) reissued the albums on that format themselves.

The biggest problem there (IMHO) is getting everyone in FM to sign off on it. I'm still amazed we got what we did. How long has everyone been waiting for Buckingham/Nicks?

The biggest problem there (IMHO) is getting everyone in FM to sign off on it. I'm still amazed we got what we did. How long has everyone been waiting for Buckingham/Nicks?

Still think that has a lot to do with Polydor/Polygram and being that Buckingham & Nicks have no control over those rights. :mad:

Although a remaster with bonus cuts even......knowing how money hungry these companies are, Snood can not see how a company could not see very good sales figures amongst Fleetwood Mac fans alone. :unsure: Somebody is dropping the ball for sure :confused:

Still think that has a lot to do with Polydor/Polygram and being that Buckingham & Nicks have no control over those rights. :mad:

Although a remaster with bonus cuts even......knowing how money hungry these companies are, Snood can not see how a company could not see very good sales figures amongst Fleetwood Mac fans alone. :unsure: Somebody is dropping the ball for sure :confused:
You're losing your caveman accent. At least you're still in the third person ;)

No. Buckingham and Nicks bought that album right after they hit big. She wants it released and he doesn't. In fact, it was supposed to be the bonus disc of the FM Deluxe Edition, but he killed it at the last minute.

Urrrrrgh it FM - Snood look up words to impress peeps..... Snood do goood tho me think? :hi

No. Buckingham and Nicks bought that album right after they hit big. She wants it released and he doesn't. In fact, it was supposed to be the bonus disc of the FM Deluxe Edition, but he killed it at the last minute.

Hmmmmm that make no sense........unless Lindsey really no likey that album - saw him autograph one at his solo tour wow 4 years back??:unsure:

but yeah can see him not wanting it included............when he could make bundle as stand alone (y)

Snood love Lindsey :QQlove

Back