Alan Parsons to Release "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" 5.1 Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, I got back in only 3 days late for my 15th anniversary here! Or perhaps I'm not reading American dates right and I've got until the first of March...

Holy Crap! Patrick!! Nice to hear from you. Hope your surround journeys have been well. We missed you around here, back in the early days of QQ and DVD-A/SACD.

Welcome back and Happy New Year (y)

(PS - 15 years in March!) WOW

My Bluray only version was ordered as a Christmas gift. My family knows that they have to get me music in surround. The order was delayed due to being out of stock on Amazon US.
It finally arrived and played it in surround and I really enjoyed it. During Dr. Tarr & Professor Feather I thought it sounded different than the stereo mix that I grew up with and why not compare the two.
PROBLEM, I can't select the stereo version through either selecting the audio track while playing (only 5.1 DTS or 5.1 PCM) or from the main menu "Original stereo mix". It just skips over that selection to "play album" or "Audio select".

I have played this on the 2 surround systems in the house using an Oppo 83 and a Panasonic and have the same issue.

Checking the disc on my computer I can see that both versions are there. I just do not get a menu link.
Guess I will have to make my own disc of the 2.0 version like I did with a recent Pink Floyd "hidden" 5.1 release.

Anyone still on the fence for the box set, this is the lowest price I've seen: https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Imag...7&sr=8-2&keywords=alan+parsons+deluxe+edition It's been falling steadily for the past few days. I got nervous and bought it earlier today and it's already gone down a bit since. Was afraid of seeing the dreaded "no longer available..........." if I waited any longer.

That's a great price, and it's an amazing box set!
The 3rd bonus CD has some interesting stuff on it, but besides the Blu-Ray, the real gem of the box set is the incredible hardcover book, with lots of beautiful photos and a lot of background information on the album and the cast of characters that made it.
So overall, this box set gets a very high recommendation from me, especially at that price!

:)

That's a great price, and it's an amazing box set!
The 3rd bonus CD has some interesting stuff on it, but besides the Blu-Ray, the real gem of the box set is the incredible hardcover book, with lots of beautiful photos and a lot of background information on the album and the cast of characters that made it.
So overall, this box set gets a very high recommendation from me, especially at that price!

:)

If I didn't already have the stand alone bluray, I'd be all over this one. As it is, I'm content.

Back