Almost Famous: 20 Year Reunion Podcast

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonik Wiz

👂 500 MPH EARS 👂
QQ Supporter
Evidently this happened last July 29th so some of you may have seen it... but my QQ search shows no mention of it so here ya go:

Hosted by Rolling Stone & includes Cameron Crowe, Kate Hudson, Billy Cruddup, and Patrick Fugit. About 54 mins long and it starts off a little bland but about the 10 min mark Patrick Fugit starts describing the "deflowering scene" which is hilarious. And then it just rolls along pretty good after that. I can almost guaranty you watch this & you'll be watching the movie again very soon.

This could be my favorite movie of all time. I know some hate it, but everytime I think about it and watch it I just connect with the entire thing. I must be the right age.

Anyway, there is a series of 6 podcasts with the cast and it was great to listen to if you like the movie. Especially the way the cast acted towards each other. Very cool.

If you like this movie and have the time, the podcasts are very good listens. In the meantime, the RS piece is great too!

Has it really been 20 years since this movie came out? I loved it so much I double dipped and bought the extended bluray edition when that came out.
I think it was called the Bootleg edition.

Guess I'll be watching this again this week.....

Has it really been 20 years since this movie came out? I loved it so much I double dipped and bought the extended bluray edition when that came out.
I think it was called the Bootleg edition.

Guess I'll be watching this again this week.....

Time for a Native UHD4K Remaster with a Dolby Atmos Soundtrack.

See the source image

Thanks for sharing that, @Sonik Wiz. Almost Famous is my all-time favorite movie. I had heard about this reunion before it happened but the time came and went and I had forgotten about it. What a fun hour that was.

And @jefe1, if you REALLY want to double dip (or triple dip, as it were), you need to find the extended version on DVD. Not because it has anything that the blu-ray does not, but because it includes a CD of six songs recorded by Stillwater!

This could be my favorite movie of all time. I know some hate it, but everytime I think about it and watch it I just connect with the entire thing. I must be the right age.

Anyway, there is a series of 6 podcasts with the cast and it was great to listen to if you like the movie. Especially the way the cast acted towards each other. Very cool.

If you like this movie and have the time, the podcasts are very good listens. In the meantime, the RS piece is great too!
Thanks for the reply! I can only find the other audio podcasts on Apple Play. If anyone knows where else they might be please let me know.

20 years?
Wow
Watched it again recently, but the shorter theatrical version for the first time.
Surprised at how different it felt compared to the extended version I was used to.
Love the movie either way

For fans of the film, the podcasts are a must. The Rolling Stone video is merely a taste of what's in the podcasts. The only bummer about them is that when listening you really wish there was video to go along with them.

The interaction between the stars is very cool to hear about in these podcasts. How Patrick quickly developed a huge crush on Kate (how could he not) and how she dealt with that, and how Kate developed a crush on Billy, it's all very enlightening to hear. On the podcasts you also get to hear from Francis McDermott, Zoey Dachenel (Who played Williams sister, a part which was originally going to be Kate Hudson), Jimmy Fallon, and a lot of other cast members, and you hear about all the people that were originally cast that didn't make it (Thank God), because what the result was turned out to be perfect.

For fans of the film, the podcasts are a must. The Rolling Stone video is merely a taste of what's in the podcasts. The only bummer about them is that when listening you really wish there was video to go along with them.

The interaction between the stars is very cool to hear about in these podcasts. How Patrick quickly developed a huge crush on Kate (how could he not) and how she dealt with that, and how Kate developed a crush on Billy, it's all very enlightening to hear. On the podcasts you also get to hear from Francis McDermott, Zoey Dachenel (Who played Williams sister, a part which was originally going to be Kate Hudson), Jimmy Fallon, and a lot of other cast members, and you hear about all the people that were originally cast that didn't make it (Thank God), because what the result was turned out to be perfect.

I am definetly going to be listening to the podcasts. Thanks!

I just ran into this. An article about a month ago that I think is certainly worth passing on:

Dickey Betts on the real Allman Brothers Band stories behind the film ‘Almost Famous’

And my goodness I learned from piece that Cameron Crowe wrote for Creem Magazine before Rolling Stone. I had no idea! But I read Creem every chance I got & have maybe couple dozen in the garage. I should get them out & revisit.
Creem-logo.jpg

Sonik,

Thanks for that link. Great article. Yes, I too would read Creem and Circus (remember that one), along with the RS (when it was printed on newspaper!). Back in that time, without internet of course, the music magazines were really the only connection to the music we were listening to and absorbing other than the vinyl itself.

The podcast is amazing. I listened to it about 2 days after Emitt Rhodes died. Now, you might wonder why I brought that up. Well, when Cameron starts going on about the origin of the movie and talks about a guy named Russ Shaw, well, Russ was the A&R man who oversaw Emitt and also the Merry-Go-Round. In his later years Emitt had some pretty bad things to say about Russ. But for me, Russ was the guy who walked into my dad's office and threw a Warner catalog on my desk and said, "pick out all of the albums you want". He truly kick started my record collection back in the early 70s. So, out of the blue, hearing Cameron talk about Russ, just a couple days after Emitt died, was pretty surreal to me.

It is time to revisit one of my favorite movies!

This is one of my 2 favorite films of all time.....the other is SCARFACE ...... :SB

Back