Almost Famous: 20 Year Reunion Podcast

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one scene in this movie that really resonates with me - the one where the sister leaves home and gives the main character her record collection. Because this happened to me. I was 13 years old when my sister got married. Her husband, for reasons not worth going into, gave me his rock record collection (he kept his jazz and other "good" music). And in that box were ELP's "Tarkus", "In The Court of the Crimson King", The Who's "Live At Leeds" and "Tommy", sampler albums with tracks from Captain Beefheart's "Trout Mask Replica", and many other influential albums. What a defining moment for me.

There is one scene in this movie that really resonates with me - the one where the sister leaves home and gives the main character her record collection. Because this happened to me. I was 13 years old when my sister got married. Her husband, for reasons not worth going into, gave me his rock record collection (he kept his jazz and other "good" music). And in that box were ELP's "Tarkus", "In The Court of the Crimson King", The Who's "Live At Leeds" and "Tommy", sampler albums with tracks from Captain Beefheart's "Trout Mask Replica", and many other influential albums. What a defining moment for me.

ME TOO!

A year or so ago I started a thread over at SHF about this very scene............

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/almost-famous-bag-of-albums-scene.874352/

Back