Anne Sophie Mutter problem

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discman

I was hoping someone else may have picked up the Anne Sophie Mutter "Vivaldi's Four Seasons" DVD-A release this week. I picked one up & it completely locked up my player (no buttons would work including the off button). The disc will cue up & show a picture, but once you hit play or after it automatically starts it flashes through a bunch of pictures & locks up the player, I was wondering if it is a defective disc or if it is a problem with the player (my new Geoff Tate plays fine). I've had 2 other minor problems with other discs (Metallica's "Unforgiven" will not have audible music unless I reverse it for a second, Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity" hi-rez stereo version has a pause when the lyric sheet changes (this is very similar to a layer change on a DVD)).

If anyone has tried the Mutter I would appreciate a reply whether you had a similar experience or it played fine. Reply also if you read anything about this.

Thanks

Hi,
I was going to say it serves her right for switching from sacd, but in fact i'd love to hear her dvd-a.

Unfortuneately for your issue I have the Deutche Gramm Beetov sonatas on sacd.

Btw, You havent mentioned who produced the disc or what machine your using. anyway I suggest If you have a cleaning disc you may want to try it in the machine as well as checking the disc for smudges. I find the HIREZ discs more tempermental than regular dvds or cds.

Peter m.

Back