Atlantic Records Celebrates Its 75th Anniversary With Special LPs and SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
The release news says LP's. Are there SACD's?
Sorry, I tried to read the story in full but so many pop up adds, I just couldn't finish.
Maybe, fingers crossed...

[...]
"The anniversary has several other components. Atlantic has partnered with high-end audiophile label Acoustic Sounds to release 75 classic titles in 180-gram, 45RPM black vinyl and SACD versions. [Emphasis mine.] That offering includes such Genesis albums as Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Coltrane’s Giant Steps and My Favorite Things, Otis Redding’s The Dock of the Bay and Buffalo Springfield’s self-titled set."

But if it included LZ they would have said so for sure.

The release news says LP's. Are there SACD's?
Sorry, I tried to read the story in full but so many pop up adds, I just couldn't finish.
From what I read it sounds more geared toward vinyl than digital.
Sounds like any sacd releases will be an after-thought. I hope I am pleasantly surprised with what does come out on sacd but I'm not holding my breath, especially on Zep.

"For enthusiasts of different formats, non-numbered Super Audio CD editions of these reissues will also be available. SACD titles will retail at $35, with a special double edition at $50."

Atlantic75th.jpg

Atlantic75thb.jpg

Last edited:
"For enthusiasts of different formats, non-numbered Super Audio CD editions of these reissues will also be available. SACD titles will retail at $35, with a special double edition at $50."

View attachment 96239
View attachment 96240
Well you should have just started with that. LOL

Excellent news and exciting for we digital folks. Now they have my attention.

Acoustic Sounds SACD Pre-order link is already up...
I bet LZ IV is waiting on Pagey's approval 🖖

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&saleid=718&categoryid=4&OrderBy=score+desc

The pre-order is just for the subscriptions right? There aren't actually pre-orders for the individual titles from what I can see. Or are all those titles at the bottom part of the series?

EDIT: Nevermind I see they are part of the series once I open one of them. Well, some of them are.

The pre-order is just for the subscriptions right? There aren't actually pre-orders for the individual titles from what I can see. Or are all those titles at the bottom part of the series?
Hmm, this is gonna be a hard one for me, I can see there are about 10 titles that I would like as improvements to what I have like Yes-90215.
Th collector in me wants them all, but that is just silly, $3000.00, no I will not.

Hmm, this is gonna be a hard one for me, I can see there are about 10 titles that I would like as improvements to what I have like Yes-90215.
Th collector in me wants them all, but that is just silly, $3000.00, no I will not.

10 titles for $3000??? I think not. Everything is available individually. Unless you want all 75 releases with a numbered edition reserved for you.

Last edited:
Back