Audionics CC2 Power Amplifiers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

par4ken

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It seems that everytime I search eBay.com rather than eBay.ca, I find items that are not listed on the Canadian site. Usually due to the seller not specifying shipping cost to Canada or refusing to ship outside of the USA.

So I yesterday came across this set of Audionics Power Amplifies. Four CC-2 stereo amplifiers! Would be good for quad bi-amping or 7.1 surround! They look very cool as they match the Space & Image Composer as well as the Audionics pre-amplifiers. Looks like a steal for only $500 OBO!

Audionics CC2 Power Amps (4)

s-l140 (2).jpg
s-l140 (1).jpg
s-l140.jpg

It seems that everytime I search eBay.com rather than eBay.ca, I find items that are not listed on the Canadian site. Usually due to the seller not specifying shipping cost to Canada or refusing to ship outside of the USA.

So I yesterday came across this set of Audionics Power Amplifies. Four CC-2 stereo amplifiers! Would be good for quad bi-amping or 7.1 surround! They look very cool as they match the Space & Image Composer as well as the Audionics pre-amplifiers. Looks like a steal for only $500 OBO!

Audionics CC2 Power Amps (4)

View attachment 101649View attachment 101650View attachment 101651
Good find, Ken. Are these from the Fosgate era? And do you know the basic specs?

I'm banning myself from anything @par4ken brings to our attention that would be really fun to have. I made an offer on these bad boys to go with the Audionics BT-2 Preamp and S&IC he forced me to buy.
As Gore Vidal once said:" There is only one way to deal with temptation. Yield to it."

Let us know how the bidding goes.

Ohm's Law did not include temptation..
I have the capacity to understand how some of these things can induct your attention.
Sorry.
Maybe time for a new law? Where E = Money, I = Desire, R = Temptation. So E = I x R? IDK. :unsure:
Possibly X sub L = induct all the capacity from your bank account....well never mind.

Let us know how the bidding goes
Well, it did not go like I planned. I sent questions three times...no response. I made two offers...they simply expired. So then I decided to throw caution to the wind and just bought them. Then it takes over a day before I hear from the Seller. I was considering canceling the order, then heard from the Seller. I may still have just bought several doorstops, but at least I feel good about the Seller and the amps....

Screenshot_20240223_134032_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Well, it did not go like I planned. I sent questions three times...no response. I made two offers...they simply expired. So then I decided to throw caution to the wind and just bought them. Then it takes over a day before I hear from the Seller. I was considering canceling the order, then heard from the Seller. I may still have just bought several doorstops, but at least I feel good about the Seller and the amps....

View attachment 102096
That's great! Seriously, if it was 20 years ago and I still had space and spare cash, I would've bid on them. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

That's great! Seriously, if it was 20 years ago and I still had space and spare cash, I would've bid on them. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them.
Will do!

I spoke more with the Seller, and was telling him that I worked with Robert Popham for some work on my Tate some years ago. He said what a small world, that Robert had been the person he had keep his amps in repair over the years. Crazy.

He was telling me about music in the 60s and it clicked that he may enjoy the QQ. So I invited him to the QQ and sent him a link to the currently very popular and fun thread we have going "Lost in the Sixties!".

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting the amps and trying them out. I plan on using them in bridged mode for each of 4 speakers. We'll see what shape they are in.

The amps have landed! So fortunate it was a short 600 miles. Pack job...omg...thankfully they were in the original boxes with most of the original packing. Otherwise, the peanuts thrown in did nothing but smash to crumbs as they jostled about.

No matter. Nothing serious. One broken foot, but it may have been pre-existing...I could not find it in the box.

Have tried three of four out. Pleasantly surprised, they all sound in great operation! I'll try the fourth out soon then get them situated for daily use for the near future.

I love getting the original Audionics test paperwork (signed by Robert Popham) and the manuals. So cool...

Glad @par4ken made me pick these up. A fine addition to my gear...and a match to the S&IC and BT-2.

Hopefully the 4th works as well as the three and I can bridge and biamp my speakers...just for fun.

20240229_220229.jpg

Back