Audition 3.0.1 problems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMEA

I just got a copy of AUDITION v3.0.1 and right away I discovered two problems that keep bugging me.

1. The first problem that I discovered is that when I'm recording or playing back a song if I click outside of the actual AUDITION program, everything stops, It either stops playing or stops recording. Sometimes I want to do something else on the computer while I'm recording like check something on the internet or open a folder for files, and the program just quits doing whatever I had it doing. I have other audio editing programs like AUDITION v1.5, Cool Edit Pro v2.0, Cool Edit Pro v2.1, WaveLab v5.01a, Sony Soundforge Pro v10, Sony Acid Pro v7.0.0.502 and none of these react that way. Is AUDITION 3.0 supposed to react that way??? AND WHY???

2. The second problem has to do with the SURROUND ENCODER part of the program. When I'm all done with the PANNING ASSIGNMENTS, and then click on PLAY ALL, sound only comes out of the FRONT SPEAKERS. I have a copy of AUDITION v1.5 and I have no problem hearing all of the tracks in surround sound. AUDITION v1.5 has worked well from day one and I didn't have to make any special settings. The finished track when played on a program like VLC Media Player is in 5.1 surround from all of the speakers, but not while played back in the SURROUND ENCODER.

Any advice?

AA 2.0 and 3 for some reason are more difficult to configure with one's sound card for Multi-Channel. I've experienced the same thing, AA 1.5 no problem, AA 2 & 3 problems at first.

I'll try to answer Question 2:

All I can suggest is play with the sound settings within your AA 3.0.1 program first. You'll find them within the "Surround Encoder" on the lower left side by clicking on the button right below where it says "Audio Driver." Or under "Edit > Audio Hardware Settup.." you'll want to check these settings so that it's working with your sound card's Multi-Channel configuration. If this still doesn't work, you may need to check the general sound settings on your computer. How to set this up also depends on what sound card you have. But try changing the sound settings within AA first, as that's how I got it to work and sounds like what the problem is.

These two issues are why I still use AA 1.5 to this day.

The second issue likely has to do with your sound card. For some reason, AA 1.5 can monitor 5.1 sound through my Soundblaster Live! USB, but AA 3.0 can't.

And I just like AA 1.5's interface better anyway - even better than AA CS5.5.

J. D.

If I recall correctly, the later versions of AA want to configure with the general generic computer stereo sound settings rather than the Multi-Channel card settings, perhaps.

I'm using ASIO4ALL since my MOBO Realtek doesn't have an ASIO driver (I finally ditched my Creative cards).....and if I remember right, checking that box keeps things running when the window loses focus.
ASIO4ALL was really the only way I could go with my setup. How to correctly configure your own soundcard depends on the driver.

Back