Bang & Olufsen 1900 Turntable

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Howdy All: Sorry in advance if I have not explored all the facets of the B&O culture (??) but a couple of questions...does anyone know if this particular model (came out in 1976 I believe) has a suitable tonearm for CD-4s?
Also, I keep noting that these turntables seem to always be paired with a B&O cartridge/stylus model (MM1, MM4, etc.)... do they support using other manufacturers cartridges or is there something proprietary going on there? I was given an offer to buy one of these and was wondering if I should pursue it. I think they are generally regarded as well designed equipment...but for quad use I'm not so sure. Thanks for any info. John S.

... do they support using other manufacturers cartridges or is there something proprietary going on there? I was given an offer to buy one of these and was wondering if I should pursue it. I think they are generally regarded as well designed equipment...but for quad use I'm not so sure. Thanks for any info. John S.

B&O turntables ONLY use B&O cartridges, and most of those have non-replaceable stylii. They were very nice pieces, but much heavier on the design side than the reliability factor. I think that there are a lot better choices for CD-4, and certainly ones that offer a LOT more flexibility.

Back