Bert Kämpfert in Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadro-Action

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Hi again, I find, that actual there are offered too less "well or easy listening" programm by the surround-audio-software. Especially the opulent sound of the music by Mancini, Montenegro,Conniff etc.ppp - and Bert Kämpfert is well fitted for surround and will be wanted by many of us. So I have asked by e-mail the owner of the rights for the Music of Kämpfert, why there are till now only reissues of this music in stereo.(A few days before there was a big TV-report here about Bert Kämpfert). The satisfying answer says: Yes, they have spoken already with Polydor (one of the german sections of Universal Music) for a realizing of a SA-CD in 2004 - and this should be in surround. I think, a well news for surround-gourmets. So we will hope, that this will be true in reality and earlier as next Christmas - look to the actual troubles in the software industry.
But that will encourage me for another mail to Universal Music Germany if they have found in the meantime the quadraphonic mastertapes of James Last!? Another well fitted music for surround-sound and with many fans also today. Dietrich

Quadro-Action said:
Hi again, I find, that actual there are offered too less "well or easy listening" programm by the surround-audio-software. Especially the opulent sound of the music by Mancini, Montenegro,Conniff etc.ppp - and Bert Kämpfert is well fitted for surround and will be wanted by many of us. So I have asked by e-mail the owner of the rights for the Music of Kämpfert, why there are till now only reissues of this music in stereo.(A few days before there was a big TV-report here about Bert Kämpfert). The satisfying answer says: Yes, they have spoken already with Polydor (one of the german sections of Universal Music) for a realizing of a SA-CD in 2004 - and this should be in surround. I think, a well news for surround-gourmets. So we will hope, that this will be true in reality and earlier as next Christmas - look to the actual troubles in the software industry.

But that will encourage me for another mail to Universal Music Germany if they have found in the meantime the quadraphonic mastertapes of James Last!? Another well fitted music for surround-sound and with many fans also today. Dietrich

Interesting. I wonder if that will be a Europe only release by Universal Music. Or if they are planning to bring it to the US and Canada as well.

Hi Brian, I don't know, if there are plans to offer such a Kämpfert SA-CD in other countries. At first we would be happy, when this SA-Cd would become in a few monthes reality. But I think, such a well known ochester will be offered also outside germany. But there are of course possibilities of import-buying. Releases of own SA-CD or DVD-Audio in many countries are very rare till now. Among them may be done most in Germany. A well SA-CD (both - in groovy music andsurround-sound ) is
from Blues Company "from daybreak to hartbreak". Distribution (and made?) from inakustik (INAK 9071 SACD).From the german artists we have Herbert Grönemeyer "Mensch" with SA-CD Elektrola/EMI (7243543194 2 B), 4 DVD-Audio from Westernhagen, Sasha, Nena and Heinz Rudolf Kunze. But all the named titles (without Blues Company) are live concerts with more bad surround and without some hits of the atists.
So the most known surround-fans here don't like this productions. Let's hope of more studio-releases in surround. And thre is one more "Ambra", which if produced as DVD-Video (AC-3 and DTS), DVD-audio and SA-CD
by MAWA Film Germany. A well real quadraphonic-like surround Mix of interesting sound and music collagues. You can have the catalogue-number by interess. Dietrich

Part II (because I have made a cut-off by taken another important appoinment) The catalog Nr. of "Ambra - Child of the Universe" is
40308 161 202-8 (5). And this MAWA and Absolut Records production is distributed from Universal Music Germany. May be, that interested fans in the USA and elswhere will find dealers (also Amazon?) for an import of this SA-CD. By the way - I found another SA-CD among my (meanwhile some bigger) collection. This is the norwegian group "The Cardigans -Long Gone before Daylight" of Stockholm Records - distributed also by Universal (Germany?). This is a more rock-orientated music. The Nr. is 980 801-4. May be, that now a few fans will know another new surround-titles. We in Germany now are stretched for the surround-software of Elton John, which is till now not available here - but may be offered every day. Dietrich

Back