CD-4 Lp with identical signals in all channels

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proufo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Hello to all.

Other than a calibration record, is there a track in a CD-4 Lp that has identical signals in all channels, or at least in the LF/LR and the RF/RR pairs?

A portion of a track is OK too, as long as it is not too short.

Calibration records' signals are limited in frequency.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Pablo, where the hell ya been? :brew

Well, to answer your question--Ok, not sure it does--but you could try anything from Lou Reed's METAL MACHINE MUSIC...:D

ED :)

Hello Pablo, where the hell ya been? :brew

Well, to answer your question--Ok, not sure it does--but you could try anything from Lou Reed's METAL MACHINE MUSIC...:D

ED :)
Hello Ed. A warm regard.

Mostly working, setting up in a new country and drooling at your avatars at SH's.

Which nonetheless leaves me some time for dreaming up ways to decode CD-4 in the computer.

MMS would be great, as I have it and my "enjoyment" of it won't be affected by using it for tech stuff.

Will check it- It will be painful. Many thanks.

metal machine music doesn't have identical front and back channels, it is an interesting quad mix actually. Hugo Montenegro - music from the good the bad and the ugly japanese cd-4 has identical front and back channels.

Thanks Q.

That cut is in which album?

TIA

That IS the album name. It's the last quad release by the Guess Who. CD-4 and Q8. The entire CD-4 album doesn't decode. Period. It'll light the radar lamp but that's it. There's nothing to it. The Q8 has front right paired with left rear and right rear with left front. I think they just wanted one last release with no regard to mixing. Just took the stereo master and threw it on a tape.

Another CD-4 album that has very little seperation is Frank Zappa's Apostrophe. I don't hear any seperation at all - other than the rear's are a little brighter than the fronts.

Back