CD Artwork Template Questions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Quad Guy

Quadraphonic Preservation
Staff member
I'm trying to create CD Disc art for printing on a CD Disc at home. How does this work? Should I keep the black masking around the label or should I just go with the white template? Or perhaps it does not matter as the printer will only print on the label.

I'm using Photoshop and have my Art in layers at 300 DPI and was planning on saving as a Tiff file. I tried to save as clear background (where the black masks are) but when saving as tiff all the clear background stuff went white.

The examples below are not the actual size of art.
Template with black masking and template with white background.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 138
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 136
Are you using a printer that prints on cd's directly or on labels.
Try this program DISCUS
go to Magic mouse.com
Ive been using this program since ver2 and the have every paper you can find and also support every direct cd/dvd disc printer.
even The epson printers that say they only work with the epson program.
Try the demo you'll love it You can import and export use Adobe photo.
I have 2 disc printers the EZ-cdPlus printer based on the Epson 820 uses Epson print carts and the XI440 uses Lexmark carts with the auto loader attachment. all are refillable via kits.Saves money Also Get the new water proof discs.
:alienrob:

Thanks for the info. I'll try it. My friend has an epson printer that prints onto discs I can use. I also have lightscribe, I believe. I can also print onto stickies, but I understand that can get glue into unwanted places.
Thanks.

I was just looking at an e-mail from Discus and they are going to support Light Scribe Soon. The more you play around with Discus the more ideas you'll get.
I import and export a lot. You can save as any format but I like to save them as BMP. That way I can ad something later on if I want different versions of something. I've even Used it with Photo Shop to make templates for DVD-Audio
Screen shots for the graphics in between songs, or as a background for Lyrics during playback of songs, or both. I like graphics for DVD-A discs!
Rob :alienrob:

Back