CD Spindle on Digipak broken. How To Fix?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Quad Guy

Quadraphonic Preservation
Staff member
I picked up a couple Rolling Stones SACD’s, but some of the pegs on the CD Spindle Digipak are broken off. Since these discs are getting rare and there were no extra copies at the store, I’ve decided to keep them. Is there a way to repair them? I’ve lost / thrown away the broken pegs as they we’re starting to scratch the discs. It’s not a big deal on a single Digipak, but the 2 disc Digipak should be fixed as it causes the discs to touch each other. Either that or keep them in new CD cases separate from the Digipak artwork.

I can tell you the only thing I have been able to do is remove the entire plastic part and glue another one on. I picked up a bunch of them at a garage sale once for that very purpose. I believe the Rolling Stones SACD cases are like that, the last one I recall repairing was The Police "Every Breath You Take: The Classics".

Chris

Wow.. I didn't know you could do that. Can you do it without tearing the artwork off? And where on the packaging is the plastic originally glued to. Is it just one place or is each package glued differently?
Thanks.

Back