Cheap ultrasonic cleaner

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be good, a great deal if it works. I've been waiting for someone here to report how they like it.
Here's what the Amazon ratings are, haven't read the actual reviews yet, but they look spread enough that it makes me want to dig deeper on the lower percentages. But for sure, having a member or two here we know, with direct knowledge of one would be more reassuring.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer reviews​

4.0 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5
238 global ratings
How customer reviews and ratings work
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.

I have a similar device from Vevor: https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B0933DF8TF/ref=emc_b_5_t?th=1

This one can handle only 3 records at a time all in all a more simple set but works fine for me.

You have to be careful about temperature and time of cleaning where you also have to take the motor speed into account. I.e. the higher the speed rpm the longer you should leave the records in the bath and vice versa. Speed can be adjusted with a seperate potentiometer or just using a different (higher or lower voltage) power adapter. If too long cleanded the records could be damaged. Also I don't use the heater anymore when cleaning a pile of records, since the water in the bath gets warm during the cleaning process anyway.

I also must admit that I use a 3 step cleaning process since my aquired records are mostly 2nd hand from the flea market:

1. pre cleaning with a manual Knosti record cleaning machine
2. main cleaning with ultrasonic bath
3. finishing step with fresh washing solution using the Knosti again

then let air dry in a rack for about 2 hrs

This of course is time consuming and not very efficient if you have lots of records to clean or you just want to clean a single record just before playing. There are other machines better than that but also more expensive.

Back