Check it out, a Tate Tetrasound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cai Campbell said:
Cool! I've only seen one other one on eBay before. I'm not sure how the 101 compares to the 101A. Anybody know what the differences are?
Cool! That's like the one I have (mine is 034), I bought it from Larry Clifton's "Multichannel Sound SHop" when in first came out. I sent it back to Tate for a minor "tune-up"/update about 20 years ago or so. It works great to this day.

I know there are improvements on the Tate II's, but I am not sure about the real difference between them. Maybe someone here will know.

:-jon

Quadzilla said:
Nice unit. Too bad that the xenophobe won't ship to Canada. What a peach. Mike.

hi Mike

if you want it. buy it, then have the seller shipped to me, then i'll send it to you, i don't have a problem with shipping it to you ok thanks Gerardo ;)

Cai Campbell said:
Cool! I've only seen one other one on eBay before. I'm not sure how the 101 compares to the 101A. Anybody know what the differences are?

I think they had the same issues as the initial batches of Audionics S&ICs with chipset problems (IC parts missing, others not to the correct specs), though I'm not 100% on this, so I could be way off the mark here. Anyone out there got a definitive answer? I'm sure there'd be lots of interested people!
That last one went for less than $190! Someone got themselves a good buy there! At these prices, it'll be worth keeping an eye out for them if you want a good decoder, even if they aren't quite a Tate II.
Scott

Back