Chuck Berry Hail! Hail Rock n Roll Blu Ray - 11/19/19 Release date

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Here's the blurb for the long out of print docu-concert from Shout Factory; ( no pre-orders as of yet)
250335_large.jpg

Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll
(1987)

St. Louis, 1986. For Chuck Berry's 60th, Keith Richards assembles a pickup band of Robert Cray, Joey Spampinato, Eric Clapton, himself, and long-time Berry pianist Johnnie Johnson. Joined on stage by Etta James, Linda Ronstadt, and Julian Lennon, Berry performs his classic rock songs. His abilities as a composer, lyricist, singer, musician, and entertainer are on display and, in behind-the-scenes interviews, are discussed by Bo Diddley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bruce Springstein, the Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison, and others. There's even a rarity for Berry, a rehearsal. Archival footage from the early 1950s and a duet with John Lennon round out this portrait of a master.

Director: Taylor Hackford
Starring: Chuck Berry, Eric Clapton, Bo Diddley, Etta James, Johnnie Johnson III, Bobby Keys
Producers: Stephanie Bennett, Chuck Berry

Here's the blurb for the long out of print docu-concert from Shout Factory; ( no pre-orders as of yet)
View attachment 42561

Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll
(1987)

St. Louis, 1986. For Chuck Berry's 60th, Keith Richards assembles a pickup band of Robert Cray, Joey Spampinato, Eric Clapton, himself, and long-time Berry pianist Johnnie Johnson. Joined on stage by Etta James, Linda Ronstadt, and Julian Lennon, Berry performs his classic rock songs. His abilities as a composer, lyricist, singer, musician, and entertainer are on display and, in behind-the-scenes interviews, are discussed by Bo Diddley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bruce Springstein, the Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison, and others. There's even a rarity for Berry, a rehearsal. Archival footage from the early 1950s and a duet with John Lennon round out this portrait of a master.

Director: Taylor Hackford
Starring: Chuck Berry, Eric Clapton, Bo Diddley, Etta James, Johnnie Johnson III, Bobby Keys
Producers: Stephanie Bennett, Chuck Berry
My Rock n Roll Hero....I have the VHS version!!
I will certainly track this...ta for the heads up.

Saw Chuck here in Eugene 35 years ago. Absolutely one of the best gigs i ever saw. Duck walking and singing Maybelene. The dude was about 60 years old and phenomenal. Seen a million shows and this was special. Rip chuck

Last edited:
This is a great presentation. I bought the 4 disc "deluxe version" of the DVD when it came out long ago and it's very hard to find now. I hope that everything that is on that one is on the BluRay.

If you've never seen this, it's sort of a "This is your Life" deal about Chuck, with Keith Richards as the host. It shows Chuck Berry being good and bad, and ends in a concert with many guest stars - one of the highlights is Linda Ronstadt belting out "Living in the USA".I ripped the DVD a while back to make some flacs for the car, and the surround is negligible, so I would not expect much from the BluRay, but hey - we can always be surprised. This will be a must buy for me.

This is a great presentation. I bought the 4 disc "deluxe version" of the DVD when it came out long ago and it's very hard to find now. I hope that everything that is on that one is on the BluRay.

If you've never seen this, it's sort of a "This is your Life" deal about Chuck, with Keith Richards as the host. It shows Chuck Berry being good and bad, and ends in a concert with many guest stars - one of the highlights is Linda Ronstadt belting out "Living in the USA".I ripped the DVD a while back to make some flacs for the car, and the surround is negligible, so I would not expect much from the BluRay, but hey - we can always be surprised. This will be a must buy for me.
I think I remember this one; is it where Chuck doesn't like some of the stuff Keith's doing and dresses him down some?

At long last I can watch and listen to the real King of Rock n Roll ...Chuck Berry
Bought this release from US Amazon as soon as I could.

But..
Couldn't play it here, as I didn't have a multi region blu ray player.
Well I saved me pennies and now own a Sony X800M2 with the E-ICOS upgrade.

To see and listen to this incredible man in blu-ray, has really made all the waiting worthwhile.

Hail Hail Rock n Roll!!
Thankyou Chuck

Reactions: GOS
Back