HiRez Poll Coldplay - A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Coldplay - A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Fidelity

• Total voters
And this is now a tough one to vote on... Do I dock points for having errors in it - or increase my vote because now it's an excellent record (a potential 10)? Hmmm... 🤔 Think I'll stick with 8, for the moment...

Master Smithers, a potential 10 for an error laden BD~A? Nay, I say! And what's with all these disc errors lately? It's not as if these surround discs are flying out of the studios in record numbers. Alarmingly, quality control, it seems, is non existent and the real shame is that only a sparse handful of artists/record companies are willing to acknowledge the errors and offer replacement discs.

It's reached a level that when a new surround disc is announced, fingers crossed that it either won't eventually rot, have phase issues, switched channels or some other DIY anomalies which not all of us have the capabilities to correct.

If I'm in the mood for chicken .... imagine having to slay the foul, pluck it and have to clean up the bloody aftermath. Cluck, Cluck NO WAY!

See the source image

Last edited:
I voted a 9 way back when this first came out... I tried fixing the errors discovered by sjcorne, and found that I love the way this sounds with the extra LFE channels removed. I’m not sure if the tripled center channel info was a conscious mixing decision or not, but I tend to think it was because when I remove the center channel info from the fronts, the vocal balance between the fronts and backs gets thrown off... for me, this album sounds best with the extra LFE info removed and the extra center channel info left intact. I think it’s so cool that sjcorne made these discoveries... this one is still a 9 for me, but I’m finding the modified version infinitely more pleasing to my ears :)

I voted a 9 way back when this first came out... I tried fixing the errors discovered by sjcorne, and found that I love the way this sounds with the extra LFE channels removed. I’m not sure if the tripled center channel info was a conscious mixing decision or not, but I tend to think it was because when I remove the center channel info from the fronts, the vocal balance between the fronts and backs gets thrown off... for me, this album sounds best with the extra LFE info removed and the extra center channel info left intact. I think it’s so cool that sjcorne made these discoveries... this one is still a 9 for me, but I’m finding the modified version infinitely more pleasing to my ears :)
You know, I was just thinking... you really have 3 options for how loud you want the center channel info to be... you can leave it as is ("tripled"), you can leave it in the center and remove it from the fronts ("single"), or you can delete the center channel and leave it in the fronts ("doubled"... a phantom center).

You know, I was just thinking... you really have 3 options for how loud you want the center channel info to be... you can leave it as is ("tripled"), you can leave it in the center and remove it from the fronts ("single"), or you can delete the center channel and leave it in the fronts ("doubled"... a phantom center).
That sounds easy, I can do that with my remote, :SG

What happens if Mix and Render is your only option in Audacity, no "Mix and Render to new track"

Is the new track supposed to be the new Front Left track if I've inverted the centre and then selected the centre and the front left and hit mix and render?

I'm highlighting the centre channel, hitting INVERT, highlighting centre channel and front right (Everglow) and mix and render and the resulting track has loads of clipping.

I've loved the fixed version on my main system but finally converted this to dts to listen to in the minivan (DVD-Video playback only) and discovered some issues one might not realize on a good system, because the subwoofer/LFE is easily the weakest point in that system, the bass in the intro of "Everglow" sounds terrible. The second note only comes thundering through the fronts, while the others are almost non-existent as they're directed to LFE. If you listen to just the front channels isolated on headphones, you'll hear what I mean. It sounds like a sub kicks in and out on that second note of the bass guitar.

I went back to the original mix to have for the minivan, but will easily stick to the fixed mix at home where my two Servo 15v2 are NOT the weakest point in my system, lol.

Back