Converting a Sansui QRX-9001 To a QRX-999

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadMusic

Gents,

I have an original and pretty much working-well QRX-9001. But I also have a QRX-999 with a lot of bulbs out and the FR channel missing in all quad modes, although it's fine in stereo.

I was wondering about converting the QRX-9001 to a QRX-999. The only changes are the black faceplate, the plastic dial cover, and the black buttons and tuning knob. Then I wondered about the Sansui model number - but that's on a removable plate on the rear presumaby to simplify manufacturing.

Oddly I bought the QRX-9001 in the UK and the QRX-999 from the US. It should have been the other way round but the QRX-999 is very scarce in the UK.

Are there any drawbacks to dong this? It doesn't feel right - but I like the look of the QRX-999.

Regards,

Peter

Last edited:
untitledmine.jpg
Gents,

I have an original and pretty much working-well QRX-9001. But I also have a QRX-999 with a lot of bulbs out and the FR channel missing in all quad modes, although it's fine in stereo.

I was wondering about converting the QRX-9001 to a QRX-999. The only changes are the black faceplate, the plastic dial cover, and the black buttons and tuning knob. Then I wondered about the Sansui model number - but that's on a removable plate on the rear presumaby to simplify manufacturing.

Oddly I bought the QRX-9001 in the UK and the QRX-999 from the US. It should have been the other way round but the QRX-999 is very scarce in the UK.

Are there any drawbacks to dong this? It doesn't feel right - but I like the look of the QRX-999.

Regards,

Peter
Keep the 9001 original and the 999 a restore My units are complete recap and restore,led bulbs holy grail alinment. Good luck

Back