Crossroads Eric Clapton Guitar Festival 2007 - DTS 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just released today, I picked up my copy at Best Buy for $19.99 2 DVD Set(w/exlusive BB bonus DVD). Mixed in PCM Stereo and DTS Surround as liner notes say by;Elliot Scheiner, Ed Cherney, Chuck Ainlay & Guy Carbonneau.

Fantastic live surround mix with active and discrete rears - the performances are all stellar and feature a Who's Who in the world of guitar - live from Chicago (summer 2007) - EC, Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin, Johnny Winter, BB King, Robert Cray, Vince Gill, Jimmy Vaughan, Doyle Bramhall, Sonny Landreth, Robert Randolph, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Sheryl Crow, Hubert Sumlin, Willie Nelson, Albert Lee, Buddy Guy, Los Lobos, John Mayer and Steve Winwood. Not to mention Emcee Bill Murray doing a rousing version of "Gloria.":eek:

The highlight for me is the reunion of Clapton and Winwood performing "Can't Find My Way Home." There are several other great Blind Faith tracks - I can't wait to see the Clapton/Winwood show at MSG in Feb"2008 (scored a pair of tickets!)

This is a big improvement (soundwise) over the first Crossroads Festival DVD from 2004 - a must have disc (y)(y)

ps - the bonus disc only contains 2 tracks (EC cuts) - in PCM Stereo only

C'mon - anybody? I just watched disc 2 of this phenomenal set - John Mayer, Los Lobos, Jeff Beck, EC, EC w/Steve Winwood - the Blind Faith stuff they do together is worth the price of admission alone - this is a great DTS surround mix - everyone is moaning about the lack of new titles - here's one and it's spectacular!

I picked it up this weekend and I'm very pleased. As noted above, Winwood and Clapton together are incredible. I also discovered some new artists on the bonus footage that I am going to check out.

There were major sound problems during Alison Krauss and Union Station. Any of that on this disc? They were really had a hard time during the show.

There were major sound problems during Alison Krauss and Union Station. Any of that on this disc? They were really had a hard time during the show.

Allison Krauss and Union Station do not appear on the DVD. I can't say what sound problems occurred during the actual show but the sound on the DVD is uniformly excellent.

By coincidence this concert played on the local PBS station last night, and it was pretty awesome. Thanks for pointing us to the DVD Elmer. Highlights for me were "Anyway" with Derek Trucks on slide (must be Butch's son I assume), Jeff Beck and the EC/Winwood tunes..... I thought Clapton had forgotten what a wah wah pedal looked like until he played the break on Presece of the Lord. God, for once I even didn't mind that Meyer guy! Great stuff indeed, will have to check out the disc. :D John S.

Just grabbed mine today!

I will evaluate soon.
That cocktail dress does look smashing!!!;)

Just to see and hear Jeff Beck and Steve Winwood again is well worth the price no matter what it sounds like.:smokin

Best I own to date! If you have a Sam's Club near you, it can be had for half the BB price. Derek Trucks fan, and the duet with Susan Tedeschi is awesome. If only Derek would let more of his personality always show through, like he did when playing with Johnnie Winter!

I agree with others, Clapton/Winwood is great stuff, as is Jeff Beck. Enjoyed many of the others as well. Wasn't familiar with Doyle Bramhall, kinda interesting music, would probably buy more. BB King, well he's BB King. And enjoy Willie Nelson anytime.

Might have to pick up 2004...

Back