dbx/Hafler question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeihell

I have a dbx SNR-1 I used to have setup in my tape loop. Since then I have gotten more machines and patch everything through switch boxes. That was in the days when I still had a receiver. Then I went to separates....specifically Hafler. I was majorly confused about how I could integrate the SNR-1 into everything. Then I noticed a diagram that Hafler included with I think the preamp. Anyway, it shows using an equalizer into his "external patch" portion of his preamp. This attenuates the sound before everything else, I take it. So....I thought this might be the perfect place to insert the dbx SNR-1. But I only used the dbx SNR-1's Input and Output portion, not the tape loop part. The lights flash on/work and give me the illusion that it's doing its job......but is it really? I only want it to work on playback from tape....not recording.

Actually, I don't know at what point he figured the equalizer to process the music signal.

Kevin

Last edited:
Back