Djabe - Update 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, I need to get this one and the other two Djabe DVD-Audios

Wonder where they got the skinny hinge DVD Audio cases?

FYI
I posted a DTS-CD sampler at SurroundSound google group.

Sheafs Are Dancing and Slice of Life are clearly described as DVD~Audio with MLP tracks in 5.1 and 2.0

What about Take On ?

The art work and heading on their website say DVD Audio, but unlike the other 2 titles there is no mention of MLP in the English product details, just DD and dts
Steve Hackett's website does mention MLP but I want to make sure before ordering.
No point in buying if it's not true DVD Audio, I'd be fine with the standard CD.

Sheafs Are Dancing and Slice of Life are clearly described as DVD~Audio with MLP tracks in 5.1 and 2.0

What about Take On ?

Slices of Life is DTS 5.1 (and dolby digital 5.1) on a DVD - not quite DVD-A
Sheafs are Dancing is high res DVD-A, also had DTS 5.1.
I don't have Take On. I ordered it via gramy.com -> Hacket's web site but it never came, was canceled after about 3 months.

vinylguy4

Take On is definitely also a DVD-Audio/Video disc with hi-res 5.1/2.0 tracks. Afaik you can order it by e-mail: [email protected]. Please specify in your e-mail that you want the DVDA version not the CD.

Not at home right now but this is what I have logged:

Djabe tancolnak a kazlak (sheaf's are Dancing)(5.1 Mix) DVDA Grammy GR-039-DVDA 2004 Remixed in 5.1 DD DTS and MLP
Djabe Slices of Life (5.1) DVD Grammy GR-063-EAD 2006 Remixed in 5.1 DD DTS
Djabe Message from the Road (5.1) DVD/Dual Grammy GR-071/72 2007 DD and DTS of concert on Disc 2 which is a dual disc disc 1 is a CD
Djabe Take On (5.1) DVDA Grammy GR-077-DVDA 2008 Remixed in 5.1 DD and MLP with additional 8 Live songs in Video

Take On is definitely also a DVD-Audio/Video disc with hi-res 5.1/2.0 tracks. Afaik you can order it by e-mail: [email protected]. Please specify in your e-mail that you want the DVDA version not the CD.

That's good to know, thanks.
Can you comment on Slices of Life?
There seems to be conflicting information on that one. The 5.1 format isn't a huge concern for me, I'm more interested in true hi-rez 2.0 (ie not Dolby or dts)

Slices of Life is DVD-Video with DTS/DD 5.1 and LPCM 2.0 16/48 tracks.

Update has arrived and I am listeing to the album in surround right now 96/24 MLP and its ound great. plenty of dicrete instrumentation and nice use of the rear speakers. No 'Guthriesque' expanded stereo.

A fine addition to my Djabe collection. Good price and not bad just under a week from hungary to my door. Thanks to Gramy records for that

Thanks Rusinurbe. You are a real music lover and supporter (y) Btw, I have no financial or any other relations with Djabe. I'm just a fan of them :phones

Btw, I forgot to mention an amazing statistics on the 2DVD edition of Update 5.1: it contains 410 minutes of music of different recordings/takes, from which 248 minutes are in surround.

Thanks for the info. I think they have "only" 5 studio albums in surround, 4 DVDA and 1 DVDV. Unfortunately not a standard for an active popular music group nowadays.

Been meaning to buy their DVD-A's for a couple of years now.

I'll wait until this new release comes out before finally taking the plunge.

Back