Do Nektar Remember the future and Live in NY SACD have the 5.1 and sacd logo on cover

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
just received the Remember the Future sacd 5.1 (?), but there is NO sacd logo or any mention of sacd, 5.1 or surround on the cover. Label Dream Nebula DNECD1204. I need scans of these 2 sacds with/where I can see the writing sacd, 5.1 or surround somewhere, thanks (don't want to open it if I have to send it back)

They stopped pressing the Remember the Future as an SACD about a year ago, but kept the same barcode, so chances are it's a CD inside. However, you should email someone at the website and ask about getting an SACD of remember the future. I recently did so since I was having trouble tracking down a copy of the SACD. It turns out there was a recent pressing error, and about 500 SACDs were pressed and put in CD cases, so they were able to sell me one of those.

I checked my copies of RTF and Live in NY. The SACD of Remember the Future had both the SACD logo and DSD maked on the bottom corners on the back. The copy of Live in NY that I have is one of the 1st issue Digipaks, which were all SACDs, it is not maked on the outside, but on the inner flap it has both the SACD logo and DSD in the bottom corners. I'd guess that the jewelcase version is marked on the back. As to the recent 500 RTF discs that were accidently pressed as SACDs, it is possible that they are not marked. They only were received last week or so, so chances are that the disc tha kvadro has is the regular cd.

Back