Do Solar flare / Coronal Mass Ejection events affect IR etc. remote controls?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So… Don’t use Norway oil in your car if you don’t want to be killed by crashing into a train?

Do you have the link for that website? I lost it in a PC failure.

It is great for showing just because you get a strong correlation it doesn't indicate causation. I found one once which was something daft like "the occurrence of blue crisp packets in litter with deaths from flu", the correlation was almost exact.

Do you have the link for that website? I lost it in a PC failure.

It is great for showing just because you get a strong correlation it doesn't indicate causation. I found one once which was something daft like "the occurrence of blue crisp packets in litter with deaths from flu", the correlation was almost exact.
There are lots of them Duncan, all hilarious, this particular example came from spurious correlations
not on this list, but one of my favourites is the correlation between ice cream sales and the incidence of sun burn! The human brain is a pattern extraction engine and is driven to create connections between events whether they be causally connected or not!

Last edited:
There are lots of them Duncan, all hilarious, this particular example came from spurious correlations
not on this list, but one of my favourites is the correlation between ice cream sales and the incidence of sun burn! The human brain is a pattern extraction engine and is driven to create connections between events whether they be causally connected or not!
I like this one!
1702233369311.png

Back