Do you feel SONY did what it should have for SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did SONY do what they should, to give their own new format(SACD), a fair chance to su

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's the way I look at it. More people have access to 5.1 DVD systems and look what happened with the DVD-A format! Playstation 3 and this new Sony car unit aren't gonna breath life back into SACD. We just have to wait out the current HD format war for the next platform.

Here's the way I look at it. More people have access to 5.1 DVD systems and look what happened with the DVD-A format! Playstation 3 and this new Sony car unit aren't gonna breath life back into SACD. We just have to wait out the current HD format war for the next platform.

new kid,63 yrs old,on the block.

i just set up a home theater for the first time and wanted to play blueray and HD DVD so i bought a PS3 BD.

Just 5 minutes ago i learned what SACD is...lol i have a slow learning curve but i'm a tryin'!

I wanna hear all of this great music i have been missing.
I have an ONKYO 905 with 7.1 and a toshiba XA2 a long with the PS3.
I want to get the best i can out of this equipment,i have definitive speakers and a Sammy 5271 LCD so i can see the great stuff also, like on the McCartney i just ordered and the Nightfly also just ordered.

I'm a tryin' guy's .I know i'll find all the info i want/need /can on here!

A whole new world for a guy who had a Quad player in my car in the 70's
Thank all of you gents for being here.

A noob rookie old guy with very little knowledge!

Gary A Stephenson
MrGAS
30+MrGAS
I race NASCAR on my PC with Surround sound,have been for 8 years.Hows that?!!!
30Plusracing.com

new kid,63 yrs old,on the block.

i just set up a home theater for the first time and wanted to play blueray and HD DVD so i bought a PS3 BD.

Just 5 minutes ago i learned what SACD is...lol i have a slow learning curve but i'm a tryin'!

I wanna hear all of this great music i have been missing.
I have an ONKYO 905 with 7.1 and a toshiba XA2 a long with the PS3.
I want to get the best i can out of this equipment,i have definitive speakers and a Sammy 5271 LCD so i can see the great stuff also, like on the McCartney i just ordered and the Nightfly also just ordered.

I'm a tryin' guy's .I know i'll find all the info i want/need /can on here!

A whole new world for a guy who had a Quad player in my car in the 70's
Thank all of you gents for being here.

A noob rookie old guy with very little knowledge!

Gary A Stephenson
MrGAS
30+MrGAS
I race NASCAR on my PC with Surround sound,have been for 8 years.Hows that?!!!
30Plusracing.com

You should still be able to find some great pop and rock SACD discs on the net. Try amazon and cd universe to start.

I just picked up a 2 disk set, The Adventures of Mimi, off an ebay seller in China. It has SACD and DSD logos and labels on the disks and box, etc., but it turned out to be a pure conventional CD when played. Be careful out there.

Richard

Back