Doobie Brothers SACD & 10% Off Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Music Direct is now shipping the new Stampede Hybrid Stereo SACD by the Doobie Brothers on their Mobile Fidelity label.

To make the deal sweeter, all discs, music and accessories are 10% off at Music Direct when using the offer code BF10 !
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-100470...ede-numbered-limited-edition-hybrid-sacd.aspx

They also have some interesting clearance offers including the Herbie Hancock "Gershwin's World" and Jamie Cullum's "Twenty Something" Surround SACDs for $9.99.
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-8381-herbie-hancock-gershwins-world-hybrid-sacd.aspx
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-8376-jamie-cullum-twentysomething-hybrid-sacd.aspx

Elusive also has a 10% off sale. Doubt it if they have Stampede yet though. I've always preferred this title in quad.

Elusive also has a 10% off sale. Doubt it if they have Stampede yet though. I've always preferred this title in quad.

Since Mobile Fidelity is owned by Music Direct, not surprising that they have it first. I'm sure the others will see it soon, perhaps on the release date of 11/25.

With respect, Brian ... honestly, who gives a shit?

This is a SURROUND forum, not a high-res limited edition blah-blah one.
If that's really your thing, you'll find plenty of it elsewhere in Netland.

MFSL has NEVER had a multichannel release, because those require actual work (obtaining clearances, locating masters, creating mixes). That just doesn't interest this way-past-its-expiration-date vestige that started life when releases made from original masters were rare and now tries to perpetuate its existence with nothing-special two-channel titles slapped with a few coats of marketing paint and high prices.

They hope to live forever feeding on the carcasses of gullible dinosaur audiophile geeks.
Don't support them.

With respect, Brian ... honestly, who gives a shit?

This is a SURROUND forum, not a high-res limited edition blah-blah one.
If that's really your thing, you'll find plenty of it elsewhere in Netland.

MFSL has NEVER had a multichannel release, because those require actual work (obtaining clearances, locating masters, creating mixes). That just doesn't interest this way-past-its-expiration-date vestige that started life when releases made from original masters were rare and now tries to perpetuate its existence with nothing-special two-channel titles slapped with a few coats of marketing paint and high prices.

They hope to live forever feeding on the carcasses of gullible dinosaur audiophile geeks.
Don't support them.

Wow.

If this is a surround ONLY forum them I would expect 95% of us are not welcome here (which I know is not the case for the vast majority).
I embrace MC and stereo.

Oh, and last time I checked my MoFi copy of Cowboy Junkies Whites Off Earth Now is MC. :D

Wow.

If this is a surround ONLY forum them I would expect 95% of us are not welcome here (which I know is not the case for the vast majority).
I embrace MC and stereo.

Oh, and last time I checked my MoFi copy of Cowboy Junkies Whites Off Earth Now is MC. :D

The Cowboy Junkies SACD is in Surround - interestingly from a matrix decoded Ambisonics recording !

Don't support them.

That's not true. In addition to the Cowboy Junkies SACD, Mobile Fidelity also released a series of Multichannel SACDs of Classical Recordings.

It's true this is a surround forum, and a surround SACD section per se. It doesn't hurt, however, to talk stereo SACD once in a while if members are so inclined. I am sure that in this forum there are more people that only are interested in SACDs that are surround.

But it's really not worth quibbling between two miniscule sections of the market.

Owning over 500 2ch SACD's, I AM interested in them. Sure, I'd prefer that ALL SACD's were 5.1. I own several mono SACD's, as well. If the music is great, I'd prefer to listen to the highest fidelity and most channels available. Fake stereo and 5.1 is of little or no interest to me.

I'd rather listen to mono transfers of Bessie Smith 78's than state of the art crap in 5.1. It's all about the music.

The Cowboy Junkies SACD is in Surround - interestingly from a matrix decoded Ambisonics recording !

And you got that information where?

Perhaps from Larry Clifton's blog:

There are also rumors that "Whites Off Earth Now" and "The Caution Horses" are UHJ-encoded.

Like other CJ titles, this one was recorded direct to digital two-track using a Calrec mike, but there is no confirmation that Ambisonic encoding was done. MFSL doesn't make that claim either -- no doubt happy to capitalize on the unfounded belief this is a true surround recording.

And you got that information where?

Perhaps from Larry Clifton's blog:

There are also rumors that "Whites Off Earth Now" and "The Caution Horses" are UHJ-encoded.

Like other CJ titles, this one was recorded direct to digital two-track using a Calrec mike, but there is no confirmation that Ambisonic encoding was done. MFSL doesn't make that claim either -- no doubt happy to capitalize on the unfounded belief this is a true surround recording.

The information came from Mobile Fidelity.

Back