Doobie Brothers SACD & 10% Off Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owning over 500 2ch SACD's, I AM interested in them. Sure, I'd prefer that ALL SACD's were 5.1. I own several mono SACD's, as well. If the music is great, I'd prefer to listen to the highest fidelity and most channels available. Fake stereo and 5.1 is of little or no interest to me.

I'd rather listen to mono transfers of Bessie Smith 78's than state of the art crap in 5.1. It's all about the music.

Well said.

Elusive also has a 10% off sale. Doubt it if they have Stampede yet though. I've always preferred this title in quad.

I received my copy of the Stampede Hybrid Stereo SACD earlier this week from Music Direct. Music Direct is now showing it as a 12/2 release and Elusive Disc shows it as a 12/3 release. So the availability will get a little better next week.

The Cowboy Junkies - The Caution Horses & Whites Off Earth Now was confirmed not be UHJ encoded by the engineer who recorded the Trinity Sessions.
A sound field mike may have been used but no UHJ encoding was employed.

This was reported in the Ambisonic UHJ discography version 3.3 issued on 9-18-97 under the "Rumors : The below recordings were thought to be UHJ" section.

It was removed some versions later as it was thought that is was common knowledge at that point. I will add it back in the next updated version.

Seems very odd that MoFi has released so few surround mixes, but would choose to include a "fake surround" mix as the one non-classical title with 5.1.

So does anyone know how the Cowboy Junkies 5.1 mix was created?

Ken

Seems very odd that MoFi has released so few surround mixes, but would choose to include a "fake surround" mix as the one non-classical title with 5.1.

So does anyone know how the Cowboy Junkies 5.1 mix was created?

Ken
It's described in the liner notes. I no longer have the SACD. Sold it because the music wasn't what I had expected. Didn't get much for it either.

It's described in the liner notes. I no longer have the SACD. Sold it because the music wasn't what I had expected. Didn't get much for it either.

It says "The 5.1 Surround version was created using the GPS-Audio algorithm, for more info go to www.gps-audio.com"

Back