HiRez Poll Doors, The - THE BEST OF THE DOORS [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Doors - THE BEST OF THE DOORS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
It's another mixed bag with the Atmos tracks in this set. I'll give you a few examples:

- The Atmos mix of Riders On The Storm on my 7.1.4 system (with actual ceiling speakers) sounds spectacular.

- The Atmos mix of Light My Fire sounds superior to the 5.1 (Perception) mix, but inferior to the quadraphonic mix, especially with a tweek of the bass control.

- The Atmos mix of Touch Me sounds better than the quad mix, but not as good as the 5.1 mix.

I'm taking everything into consideration here including fidelity. I'm glad that I have all of the versions for comparison. Too bad they didn't include the original quad mix in the set for those who don't have the AF disc.
There is no “original quad mix” to this set. This is a different album with a different track list. It simply has the same title.

Just reading through others comments a lot of what i was going to say has been said re the Atmos mix, sort of thin in places, if that makes sense, going back to the Quad a much solider presentation, (that's with 4 identical mid-sized full range speakers & no sub).

The songs which I found successful for me in Atmos:
Strange Days
Waiting For The Sun
Spanish Caravan
L.A. Woman
Touch Me
also a nod to Hello I Love You & Riders On The Storm (mainly for the thunder)
and mainly I was looking for a trippy presentation (to go with the feeling of the music) and of course I love The Doors dearly.
Haven't sat down & re-listened in 5.1 yet but did go back to the Quad, mostly of the 7 out of 11 tracks duplicated I prefer the Quad

Back