DVD Audio Extractor possible issues with latest version?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, if you don't have a video screen running, the Status button on the
Denon's front panel will cycle you thru the same basic set of reports. ;)
Cheers.
INfo button works like a charm. But, it doesn confirm (but I still don't understand) that my intense skipping issues playing certain MKV Atmos files via VLC show NO SIGNAL when I push the info button. I wish I understood what the issue is, so I could possibly fix it.

INfo button works like a charm. But, it doesn confirm (but I still don't understand) that my intense skipping issues playing certain MKV Atmos files via VLC show NO SIGNAL when I push the info button. I wish I understood what the issue is, so I could possibly fix it.
Gene when you say skipping, do you mean dropouts? I find that happens in Windows sometimes. In fact my HDMI out from my Nvidia 3060 graphics card is the worst, I've changed drivers but still happens. I can use the mobo HDMI out and no dropouts.

Gene when you say skipping, do you mean dropouts? I find that happens in Windows sometimes. In fact my HDMI out from my Nvidia 3060 graphics card is the worst, I've changed drivers but still happens. I can use the mobo HDMI out and no dropouts.
yeah, more like dropouts. I don't mean, 2 second drop outs. I'm talking like 20-30 second dropouts, over and over. Essentially, unplayable. Again, I'm talking about Atmos only, with VLC. Media Player is flawless. All from the same Windows PC, using the exact same mkv files.

yeah, more like dropouts. I don't mean, 2 second drop outs. I'm talking like 20-30 second dropouts, over and over. Essentially, unplayable. Again, I'm talking about Atmos only, with VLC. Media Player is flawless. All from the same Windows PC, using the exact same mkv files.
Wow. If I get them they are very short, like milliseconds, never had anything going on 30 seconds.
When you say "Media Player" is flawless, what are we talking about here exactly?

Wow. If I get them they are very short, like milliseconds, never had anything going on 30 seconds.
When you say "Media Player" is flawless, what are we talking about here exactly?
Windows Media Player....counterpart to VLC. Plays perfectly in WMP, but major dropouts in VLC. Makes no sense honestly.
I've even reinstalled VLC multiple times.....same outcome.

Windows Media Player....counterpart to VLC. Plays perfectly in WMP, but major dropouts in VLC. Makes no sense honestly.
Yeah that's weird. I've found VLC pretty reliable, though I prefer PowerDVD ultra. You do have VLC set to bitstream under preferences/Audio settings?

Auro3D 11.1 would be the decoded format, what is it carried in? Blu-ray can't have PCM in over 8 channels so it has to be 8 channels or below...
I know this is a DVD Audio Extractor thread, but wanted to address the slight misinformation that is being discussed about Auro 3D delivery.

Auro 3D content is delivered, from the labels, in TWO different forms:

* Auro 3D in 9.1 (Auro speak for 5.1.4) is often delivered in embedded FLAC files. Although these files are channel-restricted (due to FLACs inability to handle lots of channels) they are smaller downloads and many software players like FLAC, even embedded FLAC. Realize that these FLAC files will look like 5.1 to many AVRS and pre/pros if the user doesn't manually engage the Auro 3D decoder. I have a player that doesn't recognize the embeded stuff (Zidoo Z9X) and a player that does (USB in on my Sony X800M2 bluray machine).

* Auro 3D in up to 13.1 unrestricted channel playback in physical Bluray discs and/or MKV rips. The MKV file compatibility with software players is slightly more complicated because, on the surface, the MKV file is a video file. I play these on my Zidoo Z9X.

In both cases, Auro 3D is not compressed in playback. It is full 24/96.

Sorry for the OT.

Could it be down to VLC doing continuous HDMI handshaking to check the status of the device its connected to? I get that behaviour if my TV is plugged into to the mains power but not switched on and I'm listening to music on the amp (I have eARC HDMI link between the Amp & TV)

Could it be down to VLC doing continuous HDMI handshaking to check the status of the device its connected to? I get that behaviour if my TV is plugged into to the mains power but not switched on and I'm listening to music on the amp (I have eARC HDMI link between the Amp & TV)
I dunno. I always have the TV on in this case. On the other hand, I changed a couple settings earlier, and the damn thing played flawlessly between albums, both Auro 3D and Atmos, for like 2 hours. Since I changed 2 settings, I decided to go back to original settings, then select 1 setting at a time. Now it's back to not working. WTF?

LOL, probably....but I have no clue...I will totally check that. :)
I agree with mandrix, in that it is most likely a dropout caused by HDMI handshake issues for some reason, and I run Linux here. I have similar issuses that change over time for some reason here for some reason. :mad:

Last edited:
Back