Eagles "Legacy" Box Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Wondering what's in here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HM5FCTK/
Release date is November 2nd and it's $180 :oops:
817JUK%2BsjLL._SL1500_.jpg

Bull Moose has a listing for a vinyl version. The product description reads as follows:

Legacy includes all seven of the band’s studio albums, three live albums, and a compilation of singles and b-sides. This release follows the Eagles through the different stage of the band’s storied career, from the country-rock of early albums like Desperado and the superstar success of Hotel California, to the band’s 1994 reunion Hell Freezes Over and its most-recent studio album, 2005’s Long Road Out of Eden. All of the band’s hits, deep cuts and fan favorites are here, including “Take It Easy,” “Already Gone,” “Hotel California,” “Please Come Home For Christmas,” “Heartbreak Tonight” “No More Cloudy Days,” and “Get Over It.”-
Includes:
Eagles (1972), Desperado (1973), On The Border (1974), One of These Nights (1975), Hotel California (1976), The Long Run (1979), Eagles Live– Double LP (1980), Hell Freezes Over– Double LP (1994), Millennium Concert– Double LP (2000), Long Road Out of Eden– Double LP (2007), Singles and B-Sides (2018)

These types of boxes have been really annoying. They release them on CD & vinyl to accommodate each of those customer bases, but how about a blu-ray box for the folks who want hi-res & surround? I'm a huge Bowie fan but I haven't bothered with any of the similar boxes they've been releasing for the last few years. I already have all those albums on vinyl and CD. Give 'em to me on blu-ray with a 5.1 mix and they can gladly have my money. But another vinyl/CD rehash, I'm not interested.

What if maybe, just maybe, Rhino have managed to slip the Quadraphonic mixes for "On the Border" and "One of These Nights" into this set?
It doesn't seem most likely at this point, but given how much of a Quadraphonic friendly label they have been for the past few years, who knows?
I guess we'll find out more in a day or two.

:)

What if maybe, just maybe, Rhino have managed to slip the Quadraphonic mixes for "On the Border" and "One of These Nights" into this set?
It doesn't seem most likely at this point, but given how much of a Quadraphonic friendly label they have been for the past few years, who knows?

Then I'd buy it!

I'd give anything to hear the quad mixes (including the unreleased Eagles and Desperado), but it's listed as 12CD/2DVD so looks like all that's in this set are the two live 5.1's you can get elsewhere at lower prices :(

Trust me...if there would be any quad element to this set Rhino would be letting the world know about it

I can only think of three singles tracks that weren't on lp's.. so I'm wondering how a and b sides could fill an entire cd without any repeats.

the three tracks are "get you in the mood" (b side of take it easy) and the Christmas single..come home for Christmas and funky new year..

Bull Moose has a description up for the CD edition:
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28134850/eagles-legacy-12cd-2dvd

Maybe @ForagingRhino can shed some light on if the Quadraphonic mixes (for "On the Border" and "One of These Nights") were ever considered for inclusion in this set, cause it seems like this would have been a good place to include them!

Oh well, bring on the Doobie Brothers, I say!

Missing BluRay Disc

1) Eagles (First Album - Unreleased Quadraphonic Mix)
2) Desperado (Unreleased Quadraphonic Mix)
3) On the Border (Quadraphonix Mix)
4) One of These Nights (Quadraphonic Mix)
5) Hotel California (5.1 DVD-A Mix)
6) The Long Run (5.1 Unreleased ES Mix)
7) Long Road out of Eden (5.1 Unreleased ES Mix)

Now we're talking here! :)

Sadly, just like when 98% of these boxes are announced and put together, this is the stuff they forget to add.

Missing BluRay Disc

Sadly, just like when 98% of these boxes are announced and put together, this is the stuff they forget to add.

Jon, had NO idea there were so many unreleased QUAD/5.1 Eagles albums....most especially the two unreleased Elliot Scheiner remixes.

Really, What ARE they waiting for?

Jon, had NO idea there were so many unreleased QUAD/5.1 Eagles albums....most especially the two unreleased Elliot Scheiner remixes.

I think we're just speculating on those last two, I've never seen any concrete evidence that ES did The Long Run or Long Road Out Of Eden aside from little 5.1 snippets in that "History Of The Eages" doc.

On the other hand, the two quads appeared in a Harrison Tape Guide complete with catalog numbers. I really hope those were actually done. I think I might actually burst into tears hearing that first album (an all-time fave of mine) presented in the uber-discrete style of the two quad mixes that did actually come out.

Missing BluRay Disc

What? No love for the "Hole in the World" single that was released in MCH?

Do the "Unreleased" mixes you mention actually exist or are some of them wishful thinking?

Edit: I see sjcorne beat me to the question.

I think we're just speculating on those last two, I've never seen any concrete evidence that ES did The Long Run or Long Road Out Of Eden aside from little 5.1 snippets in that "History Of The Eages" doc.

On the other hand, the two quads appeared in a Harrison Tape Guide complete with catalog numbers. I really hope those were actually done. I think I might actually burst into tears hearing that first album (an all-time fave of mine) presented in the uber-discrete style of the two quad mixes that did actually come out.

There really are quite a few Elliot Scheiner remixes that have never been released. Remember the fiasco caused by Van the Man Morrison when Rhino/Warner released the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 remix of Moondance and he threw a shit fit.

BTW, it's been said that the Eagles are not too keen on seeing their QUAD/5.1 CORE legacy released in modern surround formats. Hope they change their minds.

Missing BluRay Disc

I didn't know about 6 & 7, Desperado is one of my all time favourite albums (the first is excellent as well), and I just used to go into the record shop and look (i.e. drool) at the CD4s of 3 & 4.

"Most Of Us Are Sad" that they've not been released and I for one am living on "Bitter Creek" as a result, so its "One Of These Nights" when I can dream of all that "Wasted Time" I would love to have just listening to them in surround, yep "Heartache Tonight" as I wish I could "Do Something" to help get them released.

So.………..dear Elektra/Asylum Records I'll buy all those albums again (probably for the 3rd time in some cases!) if you ever release them in surround!

Back