ebay prick- beware he is a scam artist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay has become like the US Post Office: if you don't have insurance for any package, you're screwed, and they don't give a spit about it, no matter if the package was misdirected, stolen, placed at the wrong apartment building or number, etc. Being a seller these days (and at this time, I'm not) I would INSIST that any package be signed for by the buyer or their representative (i.e., someone in the home or apartment). And I also ask that the buyer let me know they have it in their hands (Or, as a longtime seller and friend lamented, 'All someone has to do these days is claim they didn't get an unregistered package, and they get their money back, and I lose mine. What's the point?'

Been there, done that.

Thing is, anyone who lists in high volume and is willing to become serious about being an eBay seller--regardless of the quality of what they sell--seems to be preferred over someone like me, who comes across a nice one on occasion and, already having a copy myself, lists it and if the price is right, works fine. Making it a business, given eBay (or USPS) policies? No could do, it would drive me crazy.

ED :)

Some good ideas on covering your bum on ebay. but also a good idea to do the sign for is theft of packages that is pretty popular. I've seen the most unlikely folks stealing from others, on video. I shudder to think about the stuff I've sold that had some value and got to the correct person.

happy new year

ok - first off - mint qsd-1 never showed up. tied up $615 - but i got it all back.

i also "won" a sansui g8 receiver from the guy - never bothered paying. nothing became of that.

spoke with ebay and paypal recently about a lot of things.

first off - they are splitting up - not sure exactly why - but i do know that they have different return policies - and that if you start a claim on ebay....you can never open a claim with paypal - which is foolish. i have 3 life insurance policies on me - if i die tomorrow they all 3 will pay. i should have dual protection by using paypal thru ebay - i take it a step further....i use a third party credit card to fund ebay transactions so if i need to i can usually dispute a claim and get an immediate temporary funds reimbursement so that i can continue to use the card until things get sorted out - however....when ebay finds out you did a chargeback to paypal to get immediate funds availability....they close the "item not received" case or whatever type resolution center case there may be.

my street is old - the houses are not numbered logically. a property houses away and across the street is numbered 219.....it is assumed by both fedex and UPS that my house - 220 - is across the street - but it is not.

check this out - i had to get cozy with that homeowner because this happened...and continues to -

i dont get my ups package - tracks as delivered to front door

i inform seller

i inform ups

seller opens claim with ups

seller refunds me

i buy another

2 weeks later neighbor brings me my package. now i have 2 of the same item.

i inform seller as to what to do - seller sez to keep it because he got his money back from ups.

this also happened

K&N cold air intake - $375

ordered from site - shipped and tracked as delivered - but its not on my front porch - i went to suspect neighbors home....not on his front porch either.

i called paypal - told them i ordered a package....it tracks as delivered....but its not at my home or visible on surrounding porches - paypal credited my money WHILE ON THE PHONE - they said that purchases over $350 MUST be signed for at delivery. seller did not pay for this so there is no seller protection. some time later the package was at my front door - almost 3 weeks later - i dont know if a neighbor - or the seller or fedex brought it to me. i put it in the basement to see about it later. forgot. thats been a year now.

paypal now makes shipper use signature delivery confirmation for items over $750.

paypal now offers a 180 day no questions asked dispute resolution service for buyers. thats bad news for sellers.

ebay is also moving to a no questions asked return policy.

both ebay and paypal require buyer to pay for return shipping - but you do get original shipping fees returned. SELLER pays/eats those return shipping fees !

only on ebay - if you decide not to return an item and pay return shipping - then you ESCALATE the item return request to ebay - more than likely the buyer wins favor in the resolution center and must return the item....but ebay MIGHT send via email a prepaid shipping label - where seller eats all shipping fees both directions and loses the sale of course and ebay records the transaction as a seller blemish - too many of those and that increases the seller fees....so they will often allow a buyer to return an item rather than risk the resolution center.

so ebay and paypal are really putting the screw to vintage electronics sellers - in 180 days a lot of buyers remorse can happen....or gear go bad. if buyer wants to pay return shipping....its a hassle free return.

hassle free....unless you are the seller of - lets say - a pioneer sx1250 for $1200.

im sorry......but 180 days later i do not have your $1200......and i dont want the receiver....thats why i sold it.

the things i sell on ebay must be light weight....just in case. and i guess i dont worry about hitting the buttons on ebay....it seems like there are more ways to rip off the seller than vice versa.

cheer to all

w.a.r.

What pisses me off is that the buyer can claim a full refund after 32 days via Paypal - but the seller can't claim back the eBay selling fees (after 32 days). :mad:

I'm now $47 bucks out of pocket on my costs, i.e. disc purchase cost, shipping and eBay fees. :(

The buyer claims the disc didn't arrive. I suspect he has it in his hands...or will (eventually) get it .

Tracked shipping is also ridiculous from here - $35 for a single disc - so that's not an option.

Oh well - I give up on eBay....

paypal now allows 180 day returns.....or rather calls it "disputing a transaction"

I used to sell a lot on eBay when it was new and fun. Met many nice people, quad people, and it was almost a "quad community" there. In fact, that's how I first "met" people like Cai, Tad, Poodlebutt, lennonfan, and others. However, when eBay bought PayPal, the whole thing seemed to turn. Suddenly, the seller was the bad guy, and the buyer was king.

I don't mind protecting the buyer from cheats and scams, but no one protects the seller. Any fool can claim he didn't get his stuff, or buy a mint tape and return a crappy one. There's no protection for the seller who ships out a rare item only to hear from PayPal that the buyer is not happy and wants his money back, and they just TAKE IT away without recourse.

and now makes seller eat original shipping

Ok, here is another asshole. His ebay handle is jmcloud-us. This idiot bought a lp on December 27. Must have got there a few days ago. He decided to leave neutral feedback, his reason is--- I did not give feedback in time. Here is his feedback.
Arrived, seller doesn't leave feedback c-
It is the 8th of January!!! What in the hell is wrong with people????? jmcloud-us If you are on this board and you read this, you are a fucking idiot. And bless you for showing me your an idiot over a $8 lp. I do feedback after the buyer does, anyone understand why?????? Another banned idiot. Rat is still running out of pens.

pearls.jpg

Here's a gem. I won the Genesis Live 1973-2007 Box for $33 shipped. I'm sure the guy (almwatcher2009) decided that was too low. Here's his response when I asked if it had shipped:

So Sorry
I cant find the thing. I have been looking for it and it is not here

I do apologize. please ask for refund and ebay will issue it

I did get the refund, but what a pain...

Here's a gem. I won the Genesis Live 1973-2007 Box for $33 shipped. I'm sure the guy (almwatcher2009) decided that was too low. Here's his response when I asked if it had shipped:

So Sorry

Check his future auctions. I bet you'll see it offered again "when he finds it"......LOL :rolleyes:

Another scammer but in this case being th seller is hadlessdad0823 or roger barker. His emar is ********@gmail.com and he lives in covington,KY. He promised me a vg+ Quad wish you were here and when i received it in argentina(the country where i live) it had a scratch that rendered the silent guitar solo part of wish you were here annoying to listen as loud pops can be heard from the speaker. I've tried contacting me but he said he won't refund me the money so i elevated the claim to paypal, then he sent me a very rude message threating me as a scammer. Due to high shipping costs inasked him for 30usd to settle the claim, but as he refused i told him that i'm willing to send the album back if he can refund me the complete amount. Still no answer. Beware from this liar

Beware of hadlessdad0823 from ebay. He promised to send me a quad copy of wish you were here in vg+ condition but i received a scratched copy on the main track of the album instead, he hid that fact from me and now denies it threating me instead as an scammer! Don't do any bussiness with him as that may cost you a lot of headaches

When i filled a dispute with him he claimed that he won't refund any money in concept of damages so i elevated this to a claim. He then sent me a very ballistic email threating me and a colleague who helped to bring the record to my country as scammers so to shut his lies up i showed hiim every proof i had and even offered to return the album to his home in the usa if he returned the money to me

So Sorry

I've had that happen a few times in my ebay history.

The best one was when I won a supposedly restored Dual 1019 automatic spindle (the little rubber pieces disintegrate and must be replaced). For some reason, there were not many bidders and I got it for a relatively low price, a lot lower than some get even not being restored.

Very shortly after the auction end, he emailed me and said his dog had just gotten ahold of it and chewed it up so he wasn't able to complete the sale.

Right, his dog ate his spindle. I left a negative and the guy got all upset but I didn't care.

Doug

When i filled a dispute with him he claimed that he won't refund any money in concept of damages so i elevated this to a claim. He then sent me a very ballistic email threating me and a colleague who helped to bring the record to my country as scammers so to shut his lies up i showed hiim every proof i had and even offered to return the album to his home in the usa if he returned the money to me

dont drop the ball - ebay will make you return the item at your cost - but you can freak out on them and they may send you a return shipping label at THE SELLERS COST. but being in argentina....that might be out of the question. leave the negative feedback - leave all 1 stars. you may lose on this deal.....but he will lose for a lot longer. when a buyer sees that feedback then they will heavily scrutinize their purchases from said seller....maybe overtly. and the low star rating will cost seller in fees - bad star sellers pay more.

if i were in sellers spot - id refund auction price....but not the shipping....and let you keep the LP to avoid ebay issues. but then there are others.......

w.a.r.

dont drop the ball - ebay will make you return the item at your cost - but you can freak out on them and they may send you a return shipping label at THE SELLERS COST. but being in argentina....that might be out of the question. leave the negative feedback - leave all 1 stars. you may lose on this deal.....but he will lose for a lot longer. when a buyer sees that feedback then they will heavily scrutinize their purchases from said seller....maybe overtly. and the low star rating will cost seller in fees - bad star sellers pay more.

if i were in sellers spot - id refund auction price....but not the shipping....and let you keep the LP to avoid ebay issues. but then there are others.......

w.a.r.

Also tell ebay he threatened you! I had one screw with me real bad, and ebay read the messages and suspended him a month for mis use of the message place they have for sales.

Well, the new trick on ebay is that sellers must pay for return shipping. There is no limit to what you have to pay either. I verified this with ebay. Still you can put in a return policy that says "Buyer pays for return shipping" but that no longer means anything since the buyer can get around it by filing the usual not as described / defective / damaged complaint. Some loser with an Oppo supposedly has a problem with a flawless gold CD I mailed to him. I even ripped it to the Macbook before shipping it out. Has not a scratch.... but of course he claims it now has "deep scratches". So, the whole idea is to give the buyer free stuff.

I've had this stunt pulled on me by two different buyers two days in a row, for over $100 loss.

Well, the new trick on ebay is that sellers must pay for return shipping. There is no limit to what you have to pay either. I verified this with ebay. Still you can put in a return policy that says "Buyer pays for return shipping" but that no longer means anything since the buyer can get around it by filing the usual not as described / defective / damaged complaint. Some loser with an Oppo supposedly has a problem with a flawless gold CD I mailed to him. I even ripped it to the Macbook before shipping it out. Has not a scratch.... but of course he claims it now has "deep scratches". So, the whole idea is to give the buyer free stuff.

I've had this stunt pulled on me by two different buyers two days in a row, for over $100 loss.

Well that's it for e bay and me! CK-SKRS! There are way too many scammers out there to have to deal with this shit!
phucs at ebay ought to know better!

Ok I'm not defending the policy but I'm a bit confused with the point you are making. How does the buyer get free stuff if he is returning it?

This is why a lot of music sellers are moving to discogs.com. It's all set-price, not auction, but a lot less aggravation

Ok I'm not defending the policy but I'm a bit confused with the point you are making. How does the buyer get free stuff if he is returning it?

Well, the one guy said all he received was an empty box. The other guy says he got a scratched CD, but the new deal with eBay now is that the seller, not the buyer, has to pay the return shipping and there are no limitations. So if he wants he can return the CD by Fedex Express Overnight Delivery and I get stuck paying the $35 for the shipping. So what do I do? Just let him keep the damn thing. That minimizes my risk. Of course I added these two to my blocked bidder list and I keep track of these types in a Excel spreadsheet also.

I was thinking about selling my Tascam 34B but it would cost around $50 to ship it. What if the buyer doesn't like it. Then I have to refund his shipping fee of $50 and pay for the return shipping also. So forget that. I will sell only lightweight items from now on. And insure stuff.

You can expect all kinds of frivolous returns now. Used to be that them having to pay the cost to return it was enough of a detterent (ok I don't know how to spell that word).

i buy a lot of stuff - im self employed - im at home a lot - and im always on drugs.

just dealt with this stuff again too - but im the asshole buyer.

heres how things for me worked recently -

i buy a serigraph - framed - david weidman - $165 to my door.

package arrives wet - it snowed in texas - we are not sure how to handle that stuff - neither does usps either i guess - but for some reason - and i dont give a shit why....my serigraph was wet.

i contacted seller - when you use the ebay prompts...if you follow them.....you end up opening a "request for a return".

ebay throws up a sign that says "seller does not accept returns...but we suggest you open a discussion about why you want to return the item right here in this box"

(box provided)

in the box i stated - "hey my picture is wet...what do you want to do? i see you have insurance on the package - i retained all packing materials if you want to file a usps insurance claim i will make this available for them"

seller replied with a link to usps where i could make an account - sign in - and start the insurance process.

i replied - "you are a fucking moron. if you want to open a usps claim....and have them pick up the item.... i have retained all packing material - just advise on when pick-up will happen. ebay says that i have until the 23rd to open a "significantly not as described " case against you if you prefer that route"

then i get an email from ebay - "seller has agreed to the return - WE ARE PROVIDING YOU WITH A PREPAID RETURN SHIPPING LABEL...."

i printed the label - put everything back in another box - taped it up - shipped it off - entered the tracking number on ebay site - item tracked back to seller - i received an email confirming the reimbursement of my original purchase price and shipping cost.

what happened to the seller and the insurance they paid for? who paid for my return shipping label? i do not know - i do not care.

i contacted ebay and paypal about all of this - only if you blow like $5k a month on paypal do you get a person in arizona or north dakota - i get arizona this time. i just explained to them what i just put my seller through and said...."hey....i want to sell some vintage gear on ebay - they only pay with paypal.....and you guys have a 6month return policy - even ebay items.....how do you know if it is buyers remorse? buyers abuse? et cetera.

i think that paypal said they would handle returns on a case by case scenario. so i said....a person buys a sansui qrx9001 from me and 179 days later wants to return it because it is broken...you going to let them? dude on the other end of the phone just said....NO. but that a lot of conversation, documentation, 3rd party inspection would have to take place....blah blah. there is not an electronics maker that offers a 6month use and abuse return policy.....is there?

selling something - and then having the buyer able to goof off with it for a period of time...and then return it because of remorse is scary to me - more scary than Craigslist is to me now. i will meet a buyer at the downtown mini-mall and swap cash for gear while fearing for my life - its better than than having a sale removed from me and item returned in unoriginal condition.

ive lost track of time - dang.

w.a.r.

Back