Electric Warrior - anyone already...?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinGr

I've just seen that the T.Rex Electric Warrior SACD from Universal is already available (here in Europe). Has anyone heard this already? I tend to order it asap....

Regards,
Martin

MartinGr said:
I've just seen that the T.Rex Electric Warrior SACD from Universal is already available (here in Europe). Has anyone heard this already? I tend to order it asap....

Regards,
Martin

No but keep us up to date as I still have mine.Which I got when I was a
kid (12) I think.And its mint and so is all my other stuff from marc..

LARRY

I had it arrive in an order from the UK the other day. Unfortunately, I am in a different state to my SACD player at the moment so a full review of the M/C mix will have to wait until the new year. However, the CD layer sounds pretty good. I can't wait to hear Get It On in surround.

Excellent and much better than the recent Bowie (Ziggy) release - although both mixed by Visconti. Lots of agressive bass there (that was my key moan about the Ziggy remix) and some effects.

What was immediately noticeable were the extra instruments buried within the mix - subtle sounds that I do not remember in the original vinyl I had back then. Rather more like "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" in the mix - open, some use of surround effects, but not with the sledgehammer approach.

The audio quality is superb too - where Mark is multi-tracked you can really hear the effect. I still have my original 45rpm single of "Jeepster" - the difference is remarkable (not surprising really!). One to recommend (that should have read "Get it on" - the memory is going with age but the ears are still OK!)

I played it to a kid brother (27) who had never really heard of T.Rex (ah well....) and he was impressed with the album - to the extent that he is buying it on SACD too! Nuff said!

Aitch :sun

Last edited:
bizmopeen said:
Very cool! Does anyone know if there's a plan for a domestic (USA) release?
A&M has the rights only in Europe, so Universal did the SACD. In the US it's Warner, who have announced a DVD-A... but I think it's delayed (as always).

Martin

bayards said:
Excellent and much better than the recent Bowie (Ziggy) release - although both mixed by Visconti.

Not true, Visonti did Heathen and Reality, but Ken Scott (the original producer) did Ziggy. I quite like it!

Back