Entire Madonna catalogue being re-issued in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a boxset by the time they announce her induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame next year? Yes, she's nominated and her induction is almost guaranteed.

Nobody's figured out what the hell BSM is really about, since they haven't really done anything of substance as yet. If they treat the operation like a Hip-O boutique thing--unique limited editions, whether mono, stereo or multichannel--they'll find solid, dedicated customers. But so far, it's pretty dead, innit?

ED :)

They seem to be selling off the remnants of their DVD-A catalog and beginning to press some vinyl. But it sure doesn't look like any new DVD-A discs are being announced.

And, one more strike against Warner marketing: even though I signed up nearly a year ago for their BSM mailing list, I never received a single email announcing that the site had gone live. One more missed opportunity (but that's a different topic). Mo Ostin would never have let that happen on his watch.

Several years ago I read an article stating that the Maddy albums "Music" and "Greatest Hits" had been remixed for 5.1 and were set for release on DVD-A.....

Sure, we'd all like to have this material. But the question is what's become of the project? Now that we know Warners' DVD-A and DualDisc programs are todt, I think maybe it'll be a long time until we hear this material in MC (probably until the HDDVD/BluRay format war is over).

whats todt? :eek:
maybe a mix of the german tot (state of being dead) and der tod (death)?
would be appropriate since both formats definitely smell funny...

Back