Finally! Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unavailable in blu at bestbuy, either in store or online. Very odd.

Just got mine at BB for $9.99 plus tax in BluRay. Check the rack and it's not listed as a BD online - it's listed as DTS Widescreen

Just got mine at BB for $9.99 plus tax in BluRay. Check the rack and it's not listed as a BD online - it's listed as DTS Widescreen

They may have updated it. Now says "Ladies & GentlemenDolby Dts - Blu-ray Disc".

I must say image and sound bring back some memories from the days of VHS. But it's a great concert, well worth having and why not in the best format available? Despite the obviously huge drug intake, it's a remarkable and very tight performance.

Well I got my copy yesterday.
BB online still showed only a dvd at 7.99. I go into a local BB, the second one I tried and asked about this disc. The clerk looks in their system says all they show is a regular dvd and they are out. Only one local store has a copy. On my way out of the store I pass a rack of new releases. I see it there with tags, on sale for 7.99. I look at the copies. they are in a slip case but you can see the bluray case inside. There are 4 copies with two different sku numbers. I pay for it, and am charged 9.99. For the hell of it I ask the cashier why because the in store signs say 7.99 She doesn't know and doesn't care.
I take it home, open it up, and yes it is a bluray. There is a tiny tiny note on the slipcover saying bluray but I bet there will be customers buying this not knowing its bluray then finding out they can't play it.
Well I watched some of it and it is definately worth having.
The next time I go to BB I will take some of the drugs they used that night in 1972.
How does BB stay in business???

Well I got my copy yesterday.
BB online still showed only a dvd at 7.99. I go into a local BB, the second one I tried and asked about this disc. The clerk looks in their system says all they show is a regular dvd and they are out. Only one local store has a copy. On my way out of the store I pass a rack of new releases. I see it there with tags, on sale for 7.99. I look at the copies. they are in a slip case but you can see the bluray case inside. There are 4 copies with two different sku numbers. I pay for it, and am charged 9.99. For the hell of it I ask the cashier why because the in store signs say 7.99 She doesn't know and doesn't care.
I take it home, open it up, and yes it is a bluray. There is a tiny tiny note on the slipcover saying bluray but I bet there will be customers buying this not knowing its bluray then finding out they can't play it.
Well I watched some of it and it is definately worth having.
The next time I go to BB I will take some of the drugs they used that night in 1972.
How does BB stay in business???

Agreed, BB is f*$ked up but they are really not in the business of selling music CD or DVD/BD anyway. My BB listed this online as the BD not being available instore. Went anyway, found it, - the price on the package was $16.99 - scanned at $9.99. Long story short, decent but not great. Stones at their peak - worth it alone for Mick Taylor's guitar. The sound is a bit all over the place. Hint - it get's better half way throught the first martini.

Agreed, BB is f*$ked up but they are really not in the business of selling music CD or DVD/BD anyway. My BB listed this online as the BD not being available instore. Went anyway, found it, - the price on the package was $16.99 - scanned at $9.99. Long story short, decent but not great. Stones at their peak - worth it alone for Mick Taylor's guitar. The sound is a bit all over the place. Hint - it get's better half way throught the first martini.

Agreed. An artifact of its time, priceless for Mick Taylor and that blitzo Jagger interview.

Last edited:
FS and BB were sold out, so I got the Blu at HMV. They had quite a few.

WOW ! Great set list and some amazing performances.

It's a perfect time capsule of the boys at their zenith.

Filmed the way I prefer concerts to be shot... long cuts and mostly the band.

A must have. Grab one.

I was disappointed how "thin" the sound was in the Theater (Mountain View, Ca) when they showed it in September but cranking up the DVD at home fixes that problem! The DTS track is louder than the DD track for some reason.

Sorry for the OT, but couldn't find a definitions for DTS-MA other than it is for "HD Audio", is it only for BR discs? The DTS track on my DVD seems to be "standard" DVD.

Back