Firmware Updates for Oppo/Onkyo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Someone here sent me a link, and even the actual updates, for some Pioneer, Oppo & Onkyo players that have issues with playing DVDA/MLP streams on a 16:9 disc.
Affected players include the Oppo 971H, the Pioneer 563/565/578 range (all the same firmware) and others that I cannot remember right now.

Sadly & stupidly I have not created a backup of my old office system, and the C drive has died & gone to IBM heaven.
It would be absolutely wonderful if I could get either the links or even the updates sent to me again, and whoever does this I will owe a serious favour to.

Many Thanks in advance

Neil, I have v 1.906 for the Pioneer 563A. (As far as I know it's the latest version) Let me know if you would like a copy.

I sent along the Pioneer firmware. You should see my inbox over at avsforum, probably a couple times a month I get a request for that thing! I think I originally got it from someone on this board, and it did clear all playback issues I had with the Pioneer. Until that firmware started floating around your only option was to send the player into Pioneer as they wouldn't do it any other way. At least with Oppo you can download the firmware from them.

Thanks very much Guys.
Hopefully this will sort out the problem, although I seem to remember the Oppo firmware I had was from that site GE mentions, and is a hacked upgrade.
Can anyone with an Oppo 971H please, please try the King Crimson discs or the Steven Wilson Insurgentes disc & get back to me?

.. seem to remember the Oppo firmware I had was from that site GE mentions, and is a hacked upgrade.
I never found nor used a hacked Oppo firmware. If hacked, it was done by Oppo :).
The firmware however that "fixed" the Schoolyards Ghosts and Insurgentes DVD-A's was for my (previous) player, an Onkyo DV-SP502E. It was probably "hacked" from a Pioneer version.
As for Oppo, make sure not to mix up the European versions with the Rest of the World versions.
Just to avoid confusion.

Hi,
I,m looking for firmware to Onkyo dv-sp502E but I can't find it. Could You help me and send file or active link to this firmware upgrade.
I would be thanksfull

Back