DTS-CD First successful Quad conversion!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all!
I've been lurking here for awhile and soaking up information like crazy over the years and I want to say a BIG thank you to all the contributors here because last night I did my first successful Quad to DTS conversion! I'm just STOKED about this! Now I can finally hear those Quad LPs that have been in my collection for years - just dreaming of how they might sound decoded. As I type this I'm currently working on my SQ LP of West, Bruce and Laing's "Why Dontcha". Folks, this is the very first time I have ever included a :banana: in any post on ANY forum! Kudos to the brilliant folks here for all the scripts and helpful directions - you've made my quad dreams a reality! Bright Moments!
--------- Chris

Great news and welcome to the "Converter's Club"!!!
Hope you are recording it in 96/24 (even if you're only doing a dts cd conversion because anyone of us can do a Hi definition DVDA)and remember to save the original Stereo file.
Looking forward to the "Why dont'cha?" conversion!

Congrats. It's a great feeling to do your first conversion. Now you're hooked, and your free time is GONE! :D

Yes, quad is awesome, and even better when you can back up the media to a more durable and current format. Been doing Q8 and Q4's myself. Haven't ventured into the SQ, QS, CD-4 arena yet. Only have one quad LP so far.

A_L

Thanks for all the encouraging replies! I finished my conversion of the West, Bruce and Laing album and was pleasantly surprised at how it came out! Not bad, especially since I haven't graduated to 96/24 yet. Even at 44100 it sounds pretty good to me. I haven't fooled around with DVD-A creating programs yet (maybe once I upgrade to a 96/24 soundcard) so DTS will have to do for now. But what it is doing is blowing my mind. Next up - Sly and the Family Stone Greatest Hits! :D
--------- Chris

Back