FLAC to Audio CD Burner Programs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Quad Guy

Quadraphonic Preservation
Staff member
Was not sure where to put this thread, but I found a great free program for taking FLAC files and burning onto CD as an audio CD. With CDBurnerXP I was able to take FLAC files for audio CD and the program converted "inside the program" without changing the original files and burned an audio CD. It also does other functions I have not checked out yet. But at least for FLAC to Audio CD - when you don't have a Cue file associated with FLAC files - this programed worked great in creating an Audio CD with or without gaps. If your FLAC files come with a "Cue" file associated with them, I've found ImgBurn worked great as well.

CDBurnerX: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/

If anyone knows of any other programs or suggestions, please post. Thanks.

I usually decode to wav with foobar and use EAC. Well just because that was the first way I did it with a cue sheet and all that. Lately I have been doing more data dvds than anything so I haven't done this in a while.

I have used imgburn for other things. Does imgburn and CDburnerX retain flags from the cur sheet? Pre-emphasis etc? I imagine if it uses them it should write them to the disc. Anyway I like EAC but yeah using FLAC directly would be nice. I will give it a try sometime.

I usually decode to wav with foobar and use EAC. Well just because that was the first way I did it with a cue sheet and all that. Lately I have been doing more data dvds than anything so I haven't done this in a while.

I have used imgburn for other things. Does imgburn and CDburnerX retain flags from the cur sheet? Pre-emphasis etc? I imagine if it uses them it should write them to the disc. Anyway I like EAC but yeah using FLAC directly would be nice. I will give it a try sometime.

I'm not sure if Imgburn and CDburnerX retain flags from the cue sheet. Have not burned using a Cue file with CDburnerX and FLAC files yet. Using a Cue file with Imgburn, I thought I noticed "writing CD-Text" was being burned, but I'm not sure how to check it. CDburnerX was able to burn the FLAC files directly to Audio CD and put in gapless track points between FLAC files so there was no loss of music between tracks when one song flowed into the other. Not sure if any other needed info was burned as well such as "CD text."

Last edited:
Hehe I just like the 4ch flag even if it shouldn't be there.
Add it to all of your CDs for that extra air you never knew was there!

I used to be really picky about getting the flags all in there. And trying to make it a perfect copy. If it doesn't have pre-emphasis it probably doesn't matter.

Back