For you Acoustic Guitar Fans...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss9001

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Try Los Angeles Guitar Quartet on Telarc. Multichannel puts guitars and percussion in all channels. Was recommended in Sound & Vision and Home Theater mags. Very clear sounds...you can hear fingerwork, plucks etc, & percussive effects on guitars.

Acoustic Alchemy on steroids!

As you can tell by my posts, I bought some DVD-A's and SACD's this week.:sun

ss9001 said:
Try Los Angeles Guitar Quartet on Telarc. Multichannel puts guitars and percussion in all channels. Was recommended in Sound & Vision and Home Theater mags. Very clear sounds...you can hear fingerwork, plucks etc, & percussive effects on guitars.

Acoustic Alchemy on steroids!

As you can tell by my posts, I bought some DVD-A's and SACD's this week.:sun

The LAGQ: Latin Surround SACD is one of the best! I cited it as a demo disc for the Meitner DAC6 top of the line SACD playback system when it first came out. And I note that it was used at CES by several companies including hi end Amp Maker Halcro for Surround demos as well as at the state of the art SACD demo room for the Music Industry at Crest National iun Hollywood.

It's a DSD Surround recording with a guitarist in each of the 4 corner speakers. When the Quartet's interplay starts, the music is just incredible.

The good news is that the next Los Angeles Guitar Quartet (LAGQ) Surround SACD is coming later this year from Telarc. So watch for that - I hear it's another "must have" Surround SACD.

Back